Any word on Jenkins? (1 Viewer)

Kingpin123

All-Pro
Reaction score
Guy guys, sorry I missed it (yes I did a search) but is there any word on Malcom Jenkins? I saw in here he was out against the Jets.

He's been a beast on Special teams.

I've heard no word but my understanding is that we should have virtually everyone (Bell, Jenkins, Clancy, Bushrod) at or near 100% for the Giants game (precluding new injuries).

The obvious exceptions are the IR players.

I've heard no word but my understanding is that we should have virtually everyone (Bell, Jenkins, Clancy, Bushrod) at or near 100% for the Giants game (precluding new injuries).

They're just lazy :mad:

Payton has got be licking his chops at having the full compliment of weapons at his disposal.

Payton has got be licking his chops at having the full compliment of weapons at his disposal.

It's a big deal. Having Jenkins available on special teams and Clancy for the DT rotation against that Giants run game could prove critical. And while I like Strief about as much as Bushrod at LT, everyone had to be holding their breath against the Jets all game long having zero dedicated depth at the tackle position.

Bell could also help us on those 3rd/4th and shorts we failed to convert vs the Jets. I don't want to make too much about that though because the Jets frankly just flat out beat our offensive line on those plays. I really can't say enough about how impressive the Jets are on short yardage, and that has more to do with them then with us. That's a very well coached short yardage defense.

Guy guys, sorry I missed it (yes I did a search) but is there any word on Malcom Jenkins? I saw in here he was out against the Jets.

He's been a beast on Special teams.

You didn't hear? He died last night. Sorry to break the bad news to you.

Just kidding! I think it's gonna be pretty quiet news-wise until they know for sure.

It's a big deal. Having Jenkins available on special teams and Clancy for the DT rotation against that Giants run game could prove critical. And while I like Strief about as much as Bushrod at LT, everyone had to be holding their breath against the Jets all game long having zero dedicated depth at the tackle position.

Bell could also help us on those 3rd/4th and shorts we failed to convert vs the Jets. I don't want to make too much about that though because the Jets frankly just flat out beat our offensive line on those plays. I really can't say enough about how impressive the Jets are on short yardage, and that has more to do with them then with us. That's a very well coached short yardage defense.

The Jets are beastly in short yardage situations so I wouldn't look too much into it. I mean having K. Jenkins at nose, with B. Scott and D. Harris at ILB, that's a probably the best interior in the NFL.

On our side of the ball, other than Bell coming back with Bushrod healthy we can move back Streif to the TE position he was playing in the jumbo package which will help improve the run blocking.

Via his twitter: "feeling great about this bye week... time to rest up get healthy and get back AT IT!!!"

He's going to be back.

The Jets are beastly in short yardage situations so I wouldn't look too much into it. I mean having K. Jenkins at nose, with B. Scott and D. Harris at ILB, that's a probably the best interior in the NFL.

On our side of the ball, other than Bell coming back with Bushrod healthy we can move back Streif to the TE position he was playing in the jumbo package which will help improve the run blocking.

It's not just how they are physically though. I mean we ran some play-action/rollouts on 3rd/4th and short too....everyone was covered. Not only do they dominate the LOS, but everyone plays their assignment perfectly. That's pretty rare in the NFL, and something our defense still lapses about on occasion.

If I knew nothing else about the Jets defense except those plays, I could safely guess they were outstandingly well coached all the way around. Seems like that's one of the toughest things to do in the NFL, to get your whole defense locked in intensity-wise in stopping the short yardage run and yet still pay attention to their assignments and play those perfectly.

We've done so well in short yardage even when our run game has struggled precisely because Brees is so effective at exploiting blown assignments in short yardage situations. The Jets shutting him down then was more impressive to me then anything else they did.

Bell could also help us on those 3rd/4th and shorts we failed to convert vs the Jets.

Plus, Pierre Thomas still looked a little gimpy Sunday. An extra week for him to get back close to 100% is huge.

I didn't think PT looked gimpy? Did I just miss it?

I took notice after several plays where his facial expressions in the huddle were pained. I didn't read too much into it at the time though..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom