Any word on Lance Moore? (1 Viewer)

ironhead

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was thinking about how useful he would be against a heavy blitzing team like the Jets and was wondering if anyone has heard about his availability for the game.

I'm guessing he's back this week. He played in week 2, didn't reinjure himself, and sat out week 3. I see no reason he isn't close to 100% by now.

I was thinking about how useful he would be against a heavy blitzing team like the Jets and was wondering if anyone has heard about his availability for the game.

I think Payton said on the Coaches' show last night that they held Lance last week because he wasn't quite 100%, but expected him to practice fully Weds.

Nice to be able to let our players heal fully... DEPTH

He'll be a good weapon against the Jets if he play. Moore is always going to get open and those quick passes to him would put a big halt on those blitzes.

I could have sworn that Duncan or Allee-Walsh said last week (before the Bills game) that Moore would probably be out until after the bye, but I can't find the quote...

Edit to add: found it, looks like pure speculation on his part:

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-44/12539432769550.xml&coll=1

...Moore's absence likely means ....However, Payton declined to tip his hand when asked if reserve wide receiver Rod Harper would be active and take Moore's role as a backup punt returner.

"Potentially," Payton said.

With an open date looming Oct. 11, Bell, Moore and Clancy all could be held out of the New York Jets game on Oct. 4 at the Superdome. ...

Last edited:
I'm guessing he's back this week. He played in week 2, didn't reinjure himself, and sat out week 3. I see no reason he isn't close to 100% by now.

Really? I thought coach said he tweaked his hammy or something during practice before week 2, and we sat him out just to be safe? Could be wrong.

UPDATE: I heard Payton on the coaches show and he said, and I quote,
"Lance had a good week of rehab. He wasn't ready to go this past weekend. I think he's going to be ready this week. I think he'll be back ready this week. I think he'll be ready to practice Wednesday. We're looking forward to having him back up. He gives us a presence on 3rd down and in the redzone. He's a big part of what we do."
So it looks like Lance will be ready this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom