Any word yet on the 12/31 Saints/Panthers being a Sunday Night game? (1 Viewer)

It won't be a night game. Under the NFL's agreement that they made with the networks, only games that were originally scheduled to be a late start are eligible to be moved. Games that are scheduled for a noon start cannot be played as night games.

Wrong

http://www.snfonnbc.com/

Click on Sunday Night Football on the bottom left. It says "Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved and a 12-day notice format will be given."

This means that games originally scheduled for Thurs, Sat, or Mon aren't eligible. All games on Sunday are afternoon games meaning they are eligible.

I thought that I had read somewhere that only 3PM starts were eligible to be moved. If that's incorrect, then I plead ignorance.

We need to win some more games, or it won't matter.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules#week10

As you scroll down through the "flex weeks" you'll see where it says
"* Note: One of the Sunday games will move to 8:15 p.m. Sunday night."

It doesn't say a 3:00pm game will be moved. Also, some of the flex weeks only have two 3:00pm games with not so desirable games.

I don't think the game will be for the division.

Simply because I don't think Carolina is consistent enough to win the South this year. I think we will clinch the division earlier more because Carolina's losing than our winning.

It'll still be a good game though.

But I'm thinking NBC is aiming for our game against Dallas.

I don't think the game will be for the division.

Simply because I don't think Carolina is consistent enough to win the South this year. I think we will clinch the division earlier more because Carolina's losing than our winning.

It'll still be a good game though.

But I'm thinking NBC is aiming for our game against Dallas.

It could potentialyl decide the South from the Atlanta/Saints race--not just the Saints/Panthers perspective. There's also the likelihood the outcome of this game will determine who gets an NFC wildcard spot.

So is this game eligible to move or not? Seems to be alot of conflicting opinions. As cool a s Sunday night would be, I've got a gig that night. It would KILL me to miss the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom