Anybody calm enough to give the O-line a couple of props? (1 Viewer)

I think the rumors of our offense's demise have been a little premature. I thought the o-line held up well in pass protection. We were averaging close to 4-yards/carry at one point, so I would say that even production in the run game was fairly satisfactory.

Was pleasantly surprised.

Saints O was firing on all cylinders - looked like the olds days.

O-line played as expected IMO. Payton/Brees has had our offense at the top of the league every season.

I think the rumors of our offense's demise have been a little premature. I thought the o-line held up well in pass protection. We were averaging close to 4-yards/carry at one point, so I would say that even production in the run game was fairly satisfactory.
Only problem was not quite using the running game enough in spots IMO, but that is an old tale. The spot in 3Q where they went empty backfield for a series should have been where we did the opposite and stuck with the run.

O-line played as expected IMO. Payton/Brees has had our offense at the top of the league every season.

Yeah, but there's a difference between top in yards (like last year) and being a machine like we saw yesterday.

That was the best, most efficient we've looked on offense since 2011 save a game here or there.

Yeah, but there's a difference between top in yards (like last year) and being a machine like we saw yesterday.

That was the best, most efficient we've looked on offense since 2011 save a game here or there.

I agree, but it's honestly what I expected. We have a special trio at WR and good running backs. Our team is stacked on offense.

Ok, who's got the gif of Terron dominating Khalil. They showed it on the Tv and it was a thing of beauty.

Yup I cried about the O-Line so much. So props to them! Keep it up guys!

Noway ! We should have drafted 2 guards, we are doomed ! How did Brees decide to sign an extension bla-bla-bla...........

As expected the O-line (good job!) was more than solid and the D-Line was as weak as feared... :(

My only guess is that you did not watch the Saints the past 2 years. Brees took the worst beatings of his careers and the O-line looked terrible last year. We added no new good players. The logical thing was to think this was a problem. Give credit to the new O-line coach and commitment of the players.

Against one of the more feared D-lines in the NFL, they earned their pay today.

:gosaints:
Agreed. I guess being cut was good for Evans. I didn't notice him miss any blocks. Hopefully Turner and Peat are picking his brain and watching.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know it's only 1 week, but this could be our best offence since 2011 (I'm not comparing it to 2011. More that they've been good but unbalanced since 2012). The weapons are there, just didn't know how the OL would hold up. So far, so good, and that's against one of the better defences in the league too. I'm optimistic so far

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom