Anybody else a little irritated about Dan Arnold..... (1 Viewer)

Knowing we don't have a viable TE option, and he gets to Carolina and makes a couple of first downs? It's like he purposely wants to hurts the Saints in a game. Still mad about his performance in the NFC Championship
Saints fans simply cannot let go of single plays. How many years and some people still are mad at Marcus WIlliams.

The dude was an undrafted rookie who didn't come up with a tough catch. It's not like it was a gimme.

The team, imo, gave up on him too soon. He's not going to be a super star but we need all the receiving options we can get.

People birch about Arnold like his play was the same as Jared Cook's. Not even close. One was a highly paid vet running around with the ball all loose and the other was a rookie trying to make a semi difficult play.

Not really. He showed flashes for us as a receiver. But he also dropped them in some big moments. Moments he hasn’t really been in yet for other teams.

Knowing we don't have a viable TE option, and he gets to Carolina and makes a couple of first downs?

wait what? you are mad because an NFL player, playing for opposition because he felt a better opportunity there to become a starter and make more $$$ is doing what he paid to do?

You expected him, because it was the Saints, to say " let me just drop a few balls, maybe fall to ground before first down because after all, its the Saints"???

what is going on with our fanbase? yall trippin.

Saints fans simply cannot let go of single plays. How many years and some people still are mad at Marcus WIlliams.

The dude was an undrafted rookie who didn't come up with a tough catch. It's not like it was a gimme.

The team, imo, gave up on him too soon. He's not going to be a super star but we need all the receiving options we can get.

People birch about Arnold like his play was the same as Jared Cook's. Not even close. One was a highly paid vet running around with the ball all loose and the other was a rookie trying to make a semi difficult play.
The difference is Marcus Williams has made key plays for the Saints after that mishap. Still upset, but he has also done well for organization. Arnold has not.

Plus , that catch would have gotten Saints to Superbowl.

But nope we had to deal with "No Call"

wait what? you are mad because an NFL player, playing for opposition because he felt a better opportunity there to become a starter and make more $$$ is doing what he paid to do?

You expected him, because it was the Saints, to say " let me just drop a few balls, maybe fall to ground before first down because after all, its the Saints"???

what is going on with our fanbase? yall trippin.
Oh I don't fault a player trying to better himself.

I figure since everyone on this board is already trippin ( as you call it) about the last game .

The poor play of O-line, Winston, no WRs,. Why not throw Arnold's name into the batch.

Give the doom and gloom fans more fodder to complain about.

I would wait to see how he performs against a healthy defense.

Knowing we don't have a viable TE option, and he gets to Carolina and makes a couple of first downs? It's like he purposely wants to hurts the Saints in a game. Still mad about his performance in the NFC Championship
7 catches for 2 touchdowns in two games in which the TE hasn’t been the primary focus of the offense.

That’s better than we had last year through two games and we haven’t thrown it nearly as much.

I think the no viable option at TE is a lazy read by fans and one with no evidence to back up. It’s way down the list of needs.

While not the Super Bowl, Dan Arnold's end zone derp was Jackie Smith'esque. Then the Saints had to go get Jared Cook, who while he was good catching seam passes, was a journeyman precisley because he was nonchalant and an underperformer.

But the past is past, and we need to see if the current Saints team is really the one that smacked the Packers, or the one that got taken to the woodshed by the Panthers, or, a .500 team.

I'm not gonna say that this Week 3 game is a must-win, but I want to.

I think we have a good TE just converted from WR. Don't know how he blocks yet, we'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom