Anybody else a little irritated about Dan Arnold..... (1 Viewer)

Knowing we don't have a viable TE option, and he gets to Carolina and makes a couple of first downs? It's like he purposely wants to hurts the Saints in a game. Still mad about his performance in the NFC Championship
They guy was given more than enough opportunities here. So much so, that our fans ragged on CSP for doing so. Coach saw his potential, but Dan just couldn’t put it together until after he was with another team (Arizona).

At first I thought this thread was about Dan Arnold saying something about the organization. But it turns out someone is just bitter. Being an undrafted player, he did well and continue to do well for himself. Let that man be.
Well i thought the thread was about Sam Darnold. When i started reading the tight end stuff i had to look again

Our offense has yet to hit its stride where the only real options appear to be Kamara and Johnson. I think once we get into a groove or have a game plan where Payton wants to attack certain areas of the field you will see more production from the TE spot where as now Trautman appears to just be a dump off option.

Its not like the guy played bad on purpose here do he can get released by the Saints and become a superstar elsewhere and exact hos revenge on N.O.

The fact of the matter is that Arnold was a project player while here. Second, he no business being in the 2018 NFCCG, but the Saints were severely depleted by injuries. Third, players like him are wildly inconsistent. All in one game usually they are brilliant and then go cold or couldn catch a pass if the ball had superglue on it.

Edit. Looked up his stats for 2021. 5 catches for 61 yards and 0 TDs is really nothing. Year before he caught only 31 passes for 4TDs. So its not like N.O swung and miss on z player either

I'm not sure the point of your post. Two of the best TEs in the game are converted WRs (Waller and emerging Tonyan). Arnold was in the process of being converted to a TE. Injuries decimated the 2019 team and the FO had to waive him to try to sneak him to the PS. AZ knew exactly what Arnold was becoming and snatched him up and played well down the stretch and in 2020. Arnold hits FA and Joe Brady comes calling offering the TE1/move TE position in Carolina and obviously Arnold is going to join his former coach from when he was in NO. Arnold is becoming exactly what CSP thought and was trying to develop him as. I'm not mad at a guy for being successful, I'm happy for him. If you want to be mad at someone, find the player who got injured causing the roster move to send Arnold to waivers trying to sneak him to the PS.

I literally never think about him. This that mindset that feels if you trade a player and they improve or don’t suck immediately at their new destination then it was a mistake to trade them. I’d you didn’t win the trade, you lost.

Knowing we don't have a viable TE option, and he gets to Carolina and makes a couple of first downs? It's like he purposely wants to hurts the Saints in a game. Still mad about his performance in the NFC Championship
Not at all made a few catches and plays if he was motivated against Saints that's great they got the Win @ home something every team should do. Not mad they'll be another game down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom