Anybody else a little suspicious about the league's lack of action over Harris and Lattimore's offseason issues?! (1 Viewer)

Possibility that Goodell may be holding on to any possible suspensions until late in the season in case we somehow make it into the playoffs?!
The fact that there's been no movement on this by the NFL is making me a little leary.
I am. Particularly Harris.

That said, if and when they get around to Harris, we should have Thomas back then.

Possibility that Goodell may be holding on to any possible suspensions until late in the season in case we somehow make it into the playoffs?!
The fact that there's been no movement on this by the NFL is making me a little leary.
No. Highly unlikely that Lattimore is suspended at all. Harris will likely be suspended at the start of next season. PJ Williams was arrested in January, pled to a lesser charge in August and suspended in October. That's about 9 months. Only way I see Harris suspended this season is if he pleads out to a lesser charge much earlier.

I am. Particularly Harris.

That said, if and when they get around to Harris, we should have Thomas back then.
That’s the thing. With Harris , the delay is definitely helping us right now. Once Thomas is back, if he goes out then Callaway has already shown he can hold down teams (although at this point they may choose someone else for kickoffs).

with Latt however, a late season surprise would hurt bad if the rest of the DBs are not 100 percent healthy.

It has been on the mind, although Lattimore's case was rumored to be dropped which may void his suspension. Harris is possible to be suspended later on in the season, depending on the process. Either way, we'll be prepared if/when something happens.

Harris’ is the one I don’t like anything about. DUI… come on man… inexcusable

Lattimore may not have committed any crime, may not be prosecuted, and so would not, or at least should not, be subject to discipline. His case has not come to court yet, may not come up for many months, could have it dropped -- that's why you want to pay for a good lawyer -- and so would just be a wash. Ohio is an open carry state. The question is whether he actually knew the gun he had purchased had been stolen. That's going to be hard for a prosecutor to prove.
Harris, if he already pled guilty to DUI, should probably be suspended soon. But I think a year or so ago, one of the Williams's had a DUI over the summer and he was not suspended until about November. It's the slow working of the judicial system.

I'll rather address those situations when/if they come up. For now lets move on trying to win games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom