Anybody else concerned about keeping MT13 reined in while his frustration builds with not being on the field? (1 Viewer)

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If he is really injured again (hamstring) then it is what it is and we have to hope he fully recovers before trying to get on the field again. I just hope it is not Mike still 'pouting' over the deserved discipline he received from the Coach and maybe some strong words from his fellow leaders in the clubhouse. He clearly, for all his talent and drive, still seems to be a guy who's ego and temperment will cause this issue to linger. Hope that is not the case!!!

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If he is really injured again (hamstring) then it is what it is and we have to hope he fully recovers before trying to get on the field again. I just hope it is not Mike still 'pouting' over the deserved discipline he received from the Coach and maybe some strong words from his fellow leaders in the clubhouse. He clearly, for all his talent and drive, still seems to be a guy who's ego and temperment will cause this issue to linger. Hope that is not the case!!!
This idea hadn't even crossed my mind. Surely he wouldn't be petulant enough to fake an injury to get back at SP right? It's not beyond the realm of possibility because it would be a passive aggressive way to get back at SP. He wouldn't be the first player to fake an injury to prove a point. But I just don't think MT is that guy. Then again, I have no idea who MT is. I just know he's awesome at playing football.

Will Survive

Veteran Starter
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This idea hadn't even crossed my mind. Surely he wouldn't be petulant enough to fake an injury to get back at SP right? It's not beyond the realm of possibility because it would be a passive aggressive way to get back at SP. He wouldn't be the first player to fake an injury to prove a point. But I just don't think MT is that guy. Then again, I have no idea who MT is. I just know he's awesome at playing football.
I too believe he is not that guy.

110% always, yeah he's that guy! Fake an injury to prove a point and chance losing a game during Drew's swan song? Nah dawg, that is absolutely the opposite of who I have ever seen him to be.

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Not concerned. Players get hurt.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So I take it none of guys saw him pop in on one of Cam's interviews smiling in the background then as he walked away he said "Tell them I'll be back next week!"

Saw this little nugget while looking for the video of interview.

Saint Lattimore

Earned Another Start
Reaction score
CGM is so competitive that he needs a battle to fight/needs an enemy... when he’s unable to play, that enemy becomes his own team sometimes (as his frustration builds). That’s when the tweets start coming out where he assumes “he’s the bad guy”... etc, and when he wants it so bad, that he can even turn on his own teammates.
So yeah... the longer he’s unable to get back out there and have a clear and defined “enemy”... I get more concerned that he implodes.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think him being off the field is frustrating - maybe more frustrated than he’s ever been. But he’s a professional and he’s just going to have to work through it. I hope he’s in touch with some of the old timers, he knows them all. They can help him get through it.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
MT loves to ball. Even if he was to think the way some of you suggest, I think his will to be out there trumps it every time. He is more of the “show you game” type.

jesusfish

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!!
Reaction score
He got in trouble last time when he was ON the field. The practice field. Why are we acting like him being injured made him punch a guy during practice?

nickj009

Veteran
Reaction score
No one could have said this better.

I hope this is not what is happening, but there is concern.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)