Anybody else do something similar when they were a youngin'? (1 Viewer)

Eeyore

Cultured, sophisticated, man about town!
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, but I used to haul buckets of water across the street to the school when I was in 6th grade and throw them down on the sidewalk in front of the school doors during the winter so it would be a sheet of ice to make people slip and fall.

This was not a childish prank. It was a grown man's willful intent to cause physical harm to another, and not just the person that ticked him off. He could easily have caused a serious, or even fatal, accident. Our former mayor, Bruce Todd suffered a traumatic brain injury and several broken bones after being thrown from his bike. Mr. Wilson is 52, and it's time he grows up. I hope this results in more than a single count of vandalism. If one of mine had been injured by that fool, there would be. What a jack***. :angryrazz:

FULLERTON, Calif. - Police said they arrested a man who acknowledged digging holes on a park bike trail as payback for nearly being run down by a cyclist.
Warren John Wilson, 52, faces a single felony count of vandalism, police Sgt. Linda King said Friday.
King said nearly 50 holes measuring about 1 foot by 2 feet have been found since June along a trail at Laguna Lake Park, and in some cases attempts had been made to hide them from cyclists. She said some riders went over their handlebars after hitting the holes, but none reported major injuries.
Detectives watching the trails questioned Wilson, who said he had nearly been run over by a mountain bike rider and began digging the holes in retaliation, King said.

Never did stuff to hurt people. We used to super glue quarters to the floor in front of the school cafeteria though. :hihi:

We would break into Laguna Lake park in the middle of the night to get wasted about 20 years ago.

We would break into Laguna Lake park in the middle of the night to get wasted about 20 years ago.

I hope to be having fun like that when Im 79 years old.

No, but I used to haul buckets of water across the street to the school when I was in 6th grade and throw them down on the sidewalk in front of the school doors during the winter so it would be a sheet of ice to make people slip and fall.

I never intentionally caused the ice (since it was around enough as it was) but I would sit out at our front steps in middle school with a slide whistle and play it whenever anyone fell. At that age people are humiliated by the littlest things so you can imagine how upset people would get at it.

My sister once decided she was going to force me to start making her lunch for school. She demanded that I make her sandwich and being 2 years younger, I had no choice. I liberally coated the peanut butter with Tabasco before putting the slice with jelly on top. Needless to say, she never wanted me to make her lunch again.

I tied a piece of fishing line from one side of the street to another thinking I could make a biker fall off his bike. Didn't happen, just left a nasty mark.

We used to string fishing line across the road with a Coke can tied to each end. A car would go through it and snag the line, dragging the cans down the road. It worked to perfection one one car, only to find out that car was driven by......my father. He knew exactly who was responsible. I went to bed that night to find my bed short-sheeted and my dad giggling outside the door!!

I got worse in college. Then it was leaning garbage cans full of water up aginst someone's door (not on YOUR floor) knock on the door and run. A hairdryer was also great for blowing a cloud of baby powder under someone's door. It got worse yet from there!!

The problem with practical jokes is that you then have to look over your shoulder for retaliation.

Last edited:
This was not a childish prank. It was a grown man's willful intent to cause physical harm to another, and not just the person that ticked him off. He could easily have caused a serious, or even fatal, accident. Our former mayor, Bruce Todd suffered a traumatic brain injury and several broken bones after being thrown from his bike. Mr. Wilson is 52, and it's time he grows up. I hope this results in more than a single count of vandalism. If one of mine had been injured by that fool, there would be. What a jack***. :angryrazz:
I agree, we need to separate harmless practical jokes from acts intended to cause harm. It's not so much a case of growing up as it is Mr. Wilson's ability to separate intent from accident and respond appropriately. His actions cause indiscriminate harm to all cyclists, whether they caused him harm or not.

I agree, what a chump!!

We laid anything and every thing. (ketchup packets, nails, wood, random metal) across the street one time and hid behind my freinds AC unit and watched people hit the stuff or get out and move it. We were like probably 11 or 12.

One time we went crawfishing and had some melt left over melt (and beer) and we sat on the tailgate of my truck and tossed it in the street waiting for people to hit it. It would sling blood everywheres.

Trip line on a jogging trail. Priceless. The secret is to hide far off and watch with binoculars so no one hears you laughing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom