Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! (1 Viewer)

Heck yeah! I think the NFL will once again be something the country can rally around and distract us from all of the horse shizzle going on in 2020.

I can forget about a loss pretty quickly. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s due to age, or because the Aaints have won a Super Bowl, but I can sleep pretty sound if we win or lose (thought I sleep much better after a win). I just think to myself, the sun will come up win or lose, and I still have to go to work (the next day), and more importantly I have no impact in the actual game, so I have nothing to do with the outcome.

Just had power come back on after Hurricane Laura and I'm one of the lucky ones, here. Most of the area is still without. Kinda forgot there was even a season, tbh. Just trying to get on the site and wrap my brain around what our depth chart even is.

Our local channels were annihilated. Gonna dust off the old antenna and see if it can still reach Lafayette.

Last edited:
Saints football is back and I'm more tuned in than ever. Brees-Brady, Goodwin-Sanders, Cooks-Gronk, I'm too ready. Michael Thomas was unstoppable in camp against two Probowl caliber CBs and now he gets to take off the gloves. I'm not expecting the defense to come out fast but I'm hoping they come out with more intensity than in previous years. I really want to see how our LBs play.

For some reason I'm trying to make myself have them. Even with the start of the last two seasons when my 'disenfranchisement' began to set in, I could still generate at least one stomach flip or whatever it's called. But so far nothing.

I'm trying to figure out how to be excited and happy when they win, and indifferent when they lose. But I've only managed to master the indifference. It doesn't feel as freeing and liberating as I thought it would. It just feels hollow. I want some of it back... SMH.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom