Anybody else have issues with Lyrica? (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I got put on it about 3 weeks ago for the nerve pain in my legs from my lumbar injury. Didn't notice that I started feeling more and more down until this past weekend on Sunday and then Monday morning I was literally having suicidal thoughts.
Finally I had the presence of mind to start questioning why I was feeling that way...sure things have sucked the past few years but between getting on a health kick and losing over 60 pounds since December I was feeling pretty good about things again. So I looked up info and found that severe depression is a potential side effect of Lyrica.
Funny part is that as soon as I realized where it was coming from I felt better. It seemed like figuring out that this wasn't really coming from me and that it was the meds made it manageable....weird how the mind works

Was wondering if anybody had a similar experience

Already stopped taking it tho
Not Lyrica, but I took Abilify for a while and I started having involuntary shakes in my hands (my friends even noticed). I thought it was something temporary, but it kept going and started getting worse.

I stopped taking it and they went away completely within a few days.

I'm never going back to that ish.

I got put on it about 3 weeks ago for the nerve pain in my legs from my lumbar injury. Didn't notice that I started feeling more and more down until this past weekend on Sunday and then Monday morning I was literally having suicidal thoughts.
Finally I had the presence of mind to start questioning why I was feeling that way...sure things have sucked the past few years but between getting on a health kick and losing over 60 pounds since December I was feeling pretty good about things again. So I looked up info and found that severe depression is a potential side effect of Lyrica.
Funny part is that as soon as I realized where it was coming from I felt better. It seemed like figuring out that this wasn't really coming from me and that it was the meds made it manageable....weird how the mind works

What is Lyrica? (I’d rather not google it and get tons of drug ads)
Is it prescribed?

Nope. Already stopped taking it tho
You should go read reviews on the site. I went there once back on 2015 when I was Rx’d Wellbutrin & my doc had increased my dose. I was having a ton of panic & anxiety & other weird ish that she didn’t tell me about & read a bunch of stuff there from others who had taken it that was very informative & helpful.

No experience, but I've read that's a rare side effect. Clearly, a very bad one. Definitely tell your doctor.

No experience, but I've read that's a rare side effect. Clearly, a very bad one. Definitely tell your doctor.
Good advice. Already did and already quit taking it

Any medication that crosses into the CSF has the potential to cause altered mood. Lyrica (Pregabalin) is a sister medication of Gabapentin, which was initially designed as a seizure med and now days is used for migraines/chronic pain. So of course it crosses into the CSF.

Suicidal thoughts is not a common side effect, but it can happen. But those taking the medication (migraine, chronic pain patients) are more likely to be depressed…making studying any of these meds an inexact science.

Good idea and done
I stress it only because it’s not the pharmaceutical company’s site that may try to keep things from you.

Granted people can say anything on the internet and you never know what someone’s real world situation is (other medications they may be taking/interactions (both the legal & illegal kind, herbs they read about that could also interfere), mental health status, etc etc) but I always find it helpful to read what people have to say about stuff - that’s not being filtered by a physician or the drug manufacturer - because generally most people have good intentions when posting medication reviews and I’m not an idiot to take it as the gospel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom