Anybody else sloooooooooowly feeling your interest/enthusiasm coming back? (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't sit out the 1st and 2nd rounds...we will trade up, you can bet on that.

Frustrated: Yes. Enthusiastic: Never lost that feeling.

Success isn't measured by the number of times you succeed, it's measured by the number of times you get up after failing. Sure, NE has a million Super Bowls, but my gosh how sweet will our next Super Bowl be after we've been dramatically knocked down the last couple of seasons.

Next man up? No, next season up!

I got excited every year for 20 years, hoping to simply have a winning season. Currently we've won a Super Bowl, and we've been a single freak play away from playing in the last two super bowls. And you guys are having a hard time getting excited? Come on now.

The last two years have been disappointing, but we have a team that consistently wins, and is always in the discussion of which team is capable of winning it all. I loved the Saints and got excited every single year, even when we were perennial losers. I'll be dang if I'm gonna lose interest or excitement now. This is the Golden age of Saint's football. Savor it. I really don't think you guys will have a problem getting pumped up for this season once the draft and training camp starts. Supporting our team is what we do, because we are Saints fans. I was always proud of the fact that Saints fans were going to party and have a good time, win or lose. It's what made us different than other fans. The Who Dat Nation is the best fan base in the world.

I got excited every year for 20 years, hoping to simply have a winning season. Currently we've won a Super Bowl, and we've been a single freak play away from playing in the last two super bowls. And you guys are having a hard time getting excited? Come on now.

The last two years have been disappointing, but we have a team that consistently wins, and is always in the discussion of which team is capable of winning it all. I loved the Saints and got excited every single year, even when we were perennial losers. I'll be dang if I'm gonna lose interest or excitement now. This is the Golden age of Saint's football. Savor it. I really don't think you guys will have a problem getting pumped up for this season once the draft and training camp starts. Supporting our team is what we do, because we are Saints fans. I was always proud of the fact that Saints fans were going to party and have a good time, win or lose. It's what made us different than other fans. The Who Dat Nation is the best fan base in the world.
As disgusted as I am with the current NFL commissioner, the atrocious officiating of the NFCCG, and the stupidity of the loss of Mark Ingram, I have to agree with the quoted post.

No,and i'm not sure I'll ever get over an official deciding the Rams game.
Goodell decided it. Not the ref. Goodell had the authority to replay the last 2 minutes. To overturn the result. SOMETHING. Nope. He let it stand, because it was exactly the result the league wanted. What HE wanted. LA being represented in the championship.

Until some independent governing body has authority over the refs, I'll consider the whole thing fixed. The NFL has been my refuge for many years, from all the unfairnesses in my week. To see two teams battle it out, within the rules of the sport. One team victorious, Sportsmanship.

Just one more thing that big American business has killed.

Goodell decided it. Not the ref. Goodell had the authority to replay the last 2 minutes. To overturn the result. SOMETHING. Nope. He let it stand, because it was exactly the result the league wanted. What HE wanted. LA being represented in the championship.

Until some independent governing body has authority over the refs, I'll consider the whole thing fixed. The NFL has been my refuge for many years, from all the unfairnesses in my week. To see two teams battle it out, within the rules of the sport. One team victorious, Sportsmanship.

Just one more thing that big American business has killed.

Sean Payton should have told the team to leave the field after that garbage took place! He should have effectively stopped the game and forced the NFL and that spineless coward in the commissioner’s chair to take immediate action.

I remember watching it, and being in complete disbelief as to what was happening!

As soon as the Saints ran the next play, they lost all of their power over the situation.

I’m embarrassed to say that I actually believed the NFL was going to do the right thing... when Goodell refused to address it or even show his stupid face for a full week, I lost all faith and true passion for the game.

Everyone knew what happened, it was undeniable and there was ZERO grey area... The league had a rule in place that could have righted the wrong (again, that EVERYONE knew took place), and he decided to let it be and hide like a scared child.

*Conveniently, the NFL was able to have a newly relocated team (in a HUGE market) appear in the Super Bowl.

If you still don’t see it was all orchestrated and resulted in the outcome they wanted... you’re lying to yourself. If you still believe that the game has real integrity and it’s all about the best team wins... you’re naive. If you’re willing to just forget it and move on... you’re a moron (and that’s exactly what Roger and the NFL think you are).

We all saw what happened in the NFCCG last year... heck, the entire world saw that garbage!
Roger Goodell was the only person that could’ve righted that wrong, and instead he hid for a week and then swept it under the rug. He’s a complete coward and a dirtbag, and he runs the NFL...

So yes, I will not (and never again will) be able to invest myself into the NFL and the Saints again.

I love this site and this community, and that has kept me in it for the offseason... but I feel like I will definitely take a step back once games start and Roger’s hype train/soap opera gets rolling.

As much as I hate to say it, it’s ruined for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This 1,000 times over!! I will never believe that the NFL is legit as long as Roger Goodell is commissioner!!
From the unprecedented suspensions after the Bounty Gate BS to the non call and his NON REACTION after he is a walking pile of scum!!

If I were to ever run into him in public I don't know what the outcome would be but it would be a pretty safe bet that I would be hauled away in handcuffs.................and I'm NOT EVEN kidding about that!!:mad1:

No. Until Roger dies or gets fired, I will not care.

This. I don't really care about the draft. The schedule got released and I was like...meh. I feel like I did when Ditka was here. I will watch when that clown is gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom