Anybody else sloooooooooowly feeling your interest/enthusiasm coming back? (1 Viewer)

This is where I’m at. Im just waiting for Drew to retire so I can completely bury my love for the game in the back yard.

Once Drew and Payton move on...I'm not sure I will ever watch the NFL again. When Kobe retired it was the last NBA game I ever watched.

I am far from it.

I still say the Saints are my favorite team. They always have been and most of my sports watching energy went into them.....but I have to force myself to click the icon on my phone to come here once a week just to check in. That luster just is not returning for me. Maybe week 1 it will return, but right now my heart has gone more into the other sports I like than it has before.

I mean I'm posting here, so the Saints have some level of importance but for most games I will likely do something with my family and just see the score later. I'll probably sit down for the bigger rivalry games and I do plan on going to NOLA for the Falcons home game.

But at this moment I'm treating the NFL like it wants to be treated: an entertainment league. It is no longer "must watch" TV for me as I know the NFL might massage a game towards a favored outcome any single weekend and the aggravation is just not worth it for me.

I agree, it's not a sport anymore by admission of the NFL in a court of law, just another tv show.

I'm still not there, but I'm feeling a lot better than I have in recent weeks.

I'll probably not be fully amped-up until we get down to the final 53.

:gosaints:

Not yet. I check this more out of habit than any burning desire for football. 2 years in a row is hard to stomach.

Not at all, especially with the NHL playoffs in full swing, and after watching probably the most dramatic ending to a game 7 I've ever seen in my life last night.

My answer is no. The call is obviously the main reason. I think, however, people downplay the impact of losing Mark Ingram. If Brees is the brain of the team, Ingram was the heart. Other than occasionally checking SR.com, I haven't spent 1 minute on NFL content. I hope I change, because I dearly love the Saints.

My answer is no. The call is obviously the main reason. I think, however, people downplay the impact of losing Mark Ingram. If Brees is the brain of the team, Ingram was the heart. Other than occasionally checking SR.com, I haven't spent 1 minute on NFL content. I hope I change, because I dearly love the Saints.

You lost me with your last sentence. :idunno:

:gosaints:

Don't ever let the game get close enough for the outcome to be decided by the guys in black and white stripes.
If our offense is back to being a juggernaut this season and the defense stays the same, we will be a 2009 type powerhouse.
No one will stand in our way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom