Saints Anybody else still in a funk? ) (1 Viewer)

Well... I’m there!

I haven’t watched or listened to one postgame interview, nor seen any of the talking heads :blabla: segments.

Two turning points really deflated me:

1) losing Deonte, and

2) that fumble by Jared Cook. When I saw him carrying the ball loosely after the catch, I said “Oh no... tuck the ball away!!!” I guess he couldn’t hear me! :rant:

:gosaints:
1-Wasn't stolen from us this time
2-Did not lose to a horrible team
3-Green Bay will rep NFC. We could beat GB...but too many holes on our O.

BTW, I obsessed for weeks when it was stolen. In fact, Tommylee getting mauled is my perpetual screen saver. This year? Nah.

i honestly find it very refreshing to have lost due to ourselves 100%. There was no terrible officiating, there was no fluke play, we didnt lose on the last play of the damn game/season. Its weirdly refreshing and a lot easier to swallow for me personally. Yes the Cook fumble will haunt my memory for some time due to what ifs... but like i said at least its 100% on us and not fluke or official error

Honestly I felt a bit of relief. First of all after watching packers I didn’t have a good feeling and even if we were to make it bills and chiefs are just real good. Second I just felt like the COVID bug was going come down hard on us at the worst time. Honestly speaking I am ready for a normal season again next year without this COVID stuff

Not really in a funk...I'm looking forward to next year. This year , Saints had too many things to overcome ..from COVID to injuries to star players (Brees, MT, Hill, Murray, ). The stars just didn't align up. Hopefully the fans will be back in some degree next year. i"m not expecting to be a Super Bowl contender next year, but if they can give us some great highlights and dont quit...I'lll be fine with that!...

Not at all.. NFL sucked everything outta me with the No Call. I’m glad Brees is retiring, NFL doesn’t deserve Drew Brees.

Still in a funk. Let me be clear, I was not and am not surprised because this is what the Saints do, deliver heartbreak with machine-like regularity. But I am still disgusted. Brees should easily have 2-4 more SB's, and the fact that he doesn't is really a travesty. Seriously. We have had way too much talent for the final outcome. SMH.

You can't be a really big fan of a team and invest this much emotion and NOT feel the sting of a loss like this, 4th straight year losing to an inferior team, 3 at home. SMH.

Nope, not even after the game. I still had to sleep, wake up, get ready for work, go to work and earn an honest living, while 53+ players that are relatively wealthy, were at home, or waiting to go home, were still sleeping. Their day, I am sure, was quite the luxury and none of them could really care about what any ONE of us fans were having to do, come Monday! Believe that. So no, I wasn’t in a funk, about them losing. When the game was over, I was over it. It is what it is. When I was much younger, I would be sick for a week, until the next game. And a playoff loss, like when we lost to the Vikings and got mauled by Brad Johnson? Good lord, was I sick after that playoff loss. Not any more.

There was a time it would have bothered me. I know realize the place of importance that football holds is at the bottom of the list.
Ideally, you’re 100% correct.

Realistically, the Saints have been an important part of my life since they first entered the NFL in 1967. How long has that been? Well, I was age 10 when the team became official on 11-1-66. I graduated from Brother Martin and entered the Navy in ‘74... had a successful 27 yr career, and retired, and next year I will have been retired for 20 yrs!

Taking it a step further, there are memories of loved ones that are associated with the Black and Gold. In a way, my rooting for them today is carrying on... on their behalf (...in a sort of weird way that’s hard to explain).

If I see someone in another city with Saints gear on, or someone with a Fleur de lis on the bumper of their car... I usually greet them with a ”WhoDat.” And no kidding- - 99 times out of 100 that person will smile and give some sort of “Back atcha!”

The Saints are family to me, and somehow I believe that many others are nodding their heads in agreement.

As with other years, I’ll come out of the funk and look ahead with anticipation of next season. The mourning will end, and the dawn of hopeful anticipation will begin soon.

Peace, out. :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom