Anybody familiar with the machinations of fixing an NFL game? (1 Viewer)

I can appreciate your insight. What you aren't talking about is the timing of the calls. First off, you have a phantom 15 yd penalty on Roby for unsportsmanlike conduct on a missed tackle.

That leads to the first TD. And on that TD pass, you have this

Not in a scrum, right in front of Brady. Where referees eyes are trained to be. No hold call. Which that is a hold. Every time.

Referees absolutely favor Brady and the Bucs and if you simply say "ok" then the day he retires is the day Tampa returns to mediocrity.
Both unnecessary roughness calls on the Bucs were bad and were on third down to get the Saints a first down. Both teams benefited from bad calls. One team turned the ball over 5 times. That's the difference. Both defenses played lights out.

Both unnecessary roughness calls on the Bucs were bad and were on third down to get the Saints a first down. Both teams benefited from bad calls. One team turned the ball over 5 times. That's the difference. Both defenses played lights out.
Sorry saints bros but this is true

Honestly...how can you be a billion dollar business and not try to predict outcomes that increase returns? I'm not defending the NFL...I'm just confused why so many seem to not acknowledge the financial motive they have to influence games. It's a fine line they ride, for sure. The popularity of the sport is based on the hope every fan, from every market, has in this year could be the one for their team. As such, the game has to appear to be fair and objective.

That said, New Orleans vs Buffalo would be the NFL's worst nightmare
You are correct. They present it as though it's a true competition in which every team has an equal chance at a championship. Which is not the case. It is very similar to the quiz shows of the '50s only the NFL hides it much better. And they will never get caught and prosecuted because no matter what they do to 1 team it will always benefit the other team so one team's fans will ALWAYS be happy. It's the perfect con

I'm just curious because you obviously have to be careful for it not to be so blatant that it brings attention to the situation.

Do all the refs know, or is it just a couple of the key ones?

Anyone?
Lets say the league wants team A to win. He tells the refs we need this game called tight. Roger calls the coach A. Hey coach, you have a big game this week. How you feel about the matchup? Yada yada. Somewhere in the convo he throws in in passing we’re gonna try to keep this game clean and call things tight so keep it clean. Now he calls Coach B. Yada yada yada. Doesn’t tell him the game will be called tight. He can say he was neutral and chatted to both coaches. But Coach A now has an advantage and knows not to have his secondary be handsy and team B will be getting D holding and DPI for being handsy and Roger has set things in motion for the outcome he wants without telling anyone to cheat.

New Orleans was beating the spread until the ejection. Just saying. Lots of fishy calls happen when Vegas is in trouble.
Yeah i been monitoring sports betting across the league last 2 weeks and you be surprised what they try to get you to bet on only for the opposite to happen right near the end of the game. But ive known people actually betting and theirs time the whole outcome seems rigged, especially if you ever start betting over/under.

But ive said it before, officials cant always direct an outcome, but most times they can influence it, like anything involving the rams last year.

I'm assuming no one has an explanation for the interception not getting reversed? The point of the ball hitting the ground like that, it's never been held up as an interception. Ever.

The replay system is the easiest part of the fixing of NFL games. There's absolutely no transparency. All done in the cloak of darkness.

All true.... BUT it's about the timing of the calls.... Not all bad calls are equal...

The narrative over the infamous No Call is that the Saints still had a chance to win... But the No Call occurred with the Saints in POINT BLANK FG range as time expired.... See not all bad calls are equal

Yes we had the TO's after the TB drive.... So that will mask the huge impact of the TIMING of the calls on the Tampa sole offensive TD drive

There is no equating a spearing on Winston and a forearm to back of WR, both in first half to the 15 yd phantom UR call on Roby or the hold on Lattimore on same drive.

I agree that both defenses played lights out. I also agree we had 5 turnovers. But I don't agree on "context within game" as to when the calls were made.

Timing matters.

It's all good. This loss doesn't bother me as much as many here. The officiating on the other hand...but this is exactly what the NFL wants. So here we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom