anybody had oral cancer/surgery? (1 Viewer)

any updates?

I had surgery Monday and the tumor was removed from the floor of my mouth. Also had some lymph nodes taken from my neck and am awaiting the biopsy results of that. There's a 5" incision in my neck and my tongue feels like it would be a better fit in a whale's mouth but to compensate I have some pretty good pain meds and am for the most part totally stoned.

I had surgery Monday and the tumor was removed from the floor of my mouth. Also had some lymph nodes taken from my neck and am awaiting the biopsy results of that. There's a 5" incision in my neck and my tongue feels like it would be a better fit in a whale's mouth but to compensate I have some pretty good pain meds and am for the most part totally stoned.

Well we'll keep you in our prayers as you await results for sure. Again, please keep us posted and good luck!

Im trying to quit dipping and it is so difficult.

What are the symptoms of cancer in your mouth?

Your dentist should be able to do a quick potential cancer check -- you swish a liquid around in your mouth for a minute or so, and then they use an ultraviolet light to look for any spots or lesions. They also should do a "feel-around" check for lumps. Doesn't matter if you smoke, dip or not -- 25% of oral cancer victims do not smoke or dip -- EVERYONE should ask their doctor to do this for them as part of an annual check-up.

And, dude, I know you are probably sick of hearing this but that is a beautiful baby girl you've got there -- you've just got to find a way to quit dipping.

Geoff any more news?

Well I've more or less recovered from the surgery. The only lingering sign - apart from a scar - is that my lower left lip is somewhat paralyzed although this will hopefully correct itself in time.

I'm also having radiotherapy. So far I've had six of 30 treatments and, as yet, have no side effects. Apparently this will change in the coming days. Once that's finished I should be all clear.

I'll keep my fingers crossed bro, hope it all goes well. :9:

Well, time for an update.

I've had 27 of 30 radiation treatments and I saw my oncologist for the last time today before the zapping is over.

Apparently everything has worked perfectly and she thinks I am in the clear. I'll go for a check up in a month, but the impression I got was that it is a formality.

Thank you to all who have been thinking of me and wishing me well.

Geoff

I've had 27 of 30 radiation treatments and I saw my oncologist for the last time today before the zapping is over.

Apparently everything has worked perfectly and she thinks I am in the clear. I'll go for a check up in a month, but the impression I got was that it is a formality.

Geoff

Great news! Thanks for keeping all of us updated! And thanks for the reminder to be on the alert...

Do either of yall dip? I dip a can of Rooster a day and my gums are badly receding. I have good teeth, but my mouth bleeds when I sleep. I am trying to quit, but I do get very much enjoyment out of my dip. One can last me 3 dips, and one day. I fill up from eyetooth to eyetooth, and the Rooster last me about 1.5-2hours, so I have a dip in my mouth anywhere from 4.5 to 6 hours a day. What are the symptoms of cancer in your mouth?

Bleeding gums are not a good sign. You really really need quit dipping. Mouth cancer can be completely painless, and can get pretty advanced with out getting caught.

To the OP, best of luck to you, glad to hear your surgery went well, hopefully everything will turn out great.

Geoff

AWESOME NEWS!!! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom