Anybody having success with their 08 resolutions? (1 Viewer)

Stopped smoking. None of that Chantix stuff (I'm too cheap), but nico gum, candy cigs and no Saints football helped do the trick so far. Its still a battle, but so far so good! Oh and this is after 14 years of smoking.

I really only made one. Get out of the working man's mentality and start my own biz. It's Jan 15th and I am well on my way. So far, I am working part time at NBC and spending the rest of my day making MY OWN money. Now, I just have to release the fear of getting off the corporate teet and quit NBC.

Mine not going well at all.

Wanted to train up for a triathlon. Apparently those are pretty hard.

Last edited:
Like usual it was to become more healthy. I've been fine with weight loss so that wasn't a big concern. I've just been eating healthier and only drinking water now. I've only had one can of Dr.Pepper in 08 so I feel succesful so far.

I really only made one. Get out of the working man's mentality and start my own biz. It's Jan 15th and I am well on my way. So far, I am working part time at NBC and spending the rest of my day making MY OWN money. Now, I just have to release the fear of getting off the corporate teet and quit NBC.

Good for you! What type of work are you doing?

Re: resolutions....Mine are pretty general: lose some pounds/get in shape/organize my paperwork, filing, etc. -- however, my rule is that I don't start on my resolutions until the Christmas decorations are put away, and they're still up, soooo.....:hihi:

>>Where ya at TPStilldownthebayou?

Yeah. I sent you my cell # a while back (I think) in case anything was up and you wanted to drink a beer or whatever. If you don't have it, drop me a PM. I'm generally free every other weekend if the old lady's still letting you have a cold one or two.

TPS

Good for you! What type of work are you doing?

Re: resolutions....Mine are pretty general: lose some pounds/get in shape/organize my paperwork, filing, etc. -- however, my rule is that I don't start on my resolutions until the Christmas decorations are put away, and they're still up, soooo.....:hihi:

It may sound ridiculous, but I've been inspecting fire extinguishers. I have a partner, not a boss, and I keep 50% of what I bring in. It's absolutely amazing how much potential there is here in NYC. I don't think it would be as successful an opportunity anywhere else except NYC. To this day (in the new year), I have made my monthly take home salary in about 15 total hours of actual work. I'm sure I am leaving money out there by being in front of this pc talking to y'all, but I am just being uber cautious about the whole thing (and admittedly fearful). NBC is sure money while fire extinguishers are what I put into it. It's dang addictive, I tell ya. I can't pass by a store without peering in to see if I see an extinguisher and it's inspection date. On a good hour, I have cleared $300. On a bad hour, nothing. It's a hit or miss, but you win by shear numbers.

I wanted to drop some lbs and start eating better. So far I have lost around 10 lbs. I wouldnt consider myself as being really fat. At 6ft I was 208 and I am now 198.5. I am/was just out of shape. It really didnt take much work so far. Just eating right and lifting a little. I wanted to do a lot of cardio but I have still never got around to that yet. I have a heavy bag outside and lost my gloves while moving a few months ago. I think I may go to Academy soon and get some new ones.

Anybody else having success with their New Years Resolution so far?

Actually I went on a diet to 5'9 215 lbs,now down to 210 but I was really never overweight carried it well. I changed my diet and taking a diet pill that curbs my appetite some which helps a ton cause I wanted a three course meal for breakfast,lunch and dinner,LOL. Also the big is I totally quit smoking............no smoking and a diet at the same time is tough but I feel a lot better. I was way out of shape and easily winded,extra weight and the smoking didn't help. I haven't smoked in 3 weeks and I'm not gorging myself every meal feels good. Good thread..........

It may sound ridiculous, but I've been inspecting fire extinguishers. I have a partner, not a boss, and I keep 50% of what I bring in. It's absolutely amazing how much potential there is here in NYC. I don't think it would be as successful an opportunity anywhere else except NYC. To this day (in the new year), I have made my monthly take home salary in about 15 total hours of actual work. I'm sure I am leaving money out there by being in front of this pc talking to y'all, but I am just being uber cautious about the whole thing (and admittedly fearful). NBC is sure money while fire extinguishers are what I put into it. It's dang addictive, I tell ya. I can't pass by a store without peering in to see if I see an extinguisher and it's inspection date. On a good hour, I have cleared $300. On a bad hour, nothing. It's a hit or miss, but you win by shear numbers.

You'll need to post some over on the Business to Business Connection forum http://saintsreport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44 . It's not just networking, it also a chance to share advertising tips, business management ideas, etc. :)

And congrats on the great start to your new year!! I need to get off my rear and get organized...I simply must find a better way to manage the volume of paper that moves through here...bills, junk mail, kids' papers, clients....it makes me crazy.

You'll need to post some over on the Business to Business Connection forum http://saintsreport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44 . It's not just networking, it also a chance to share advertising tips, business management ideas, etc. :)

And congrats on the great start to your new year!! I need to get off my rear and get organized...I simply must find a better way to manage the volume of paper that moves through here...bills, junk mail, kids' papers, clients....it makes me crazy.

Thanks.

I don't remember saying anything about having my papers organized.:hihi: I am currently shopping for a file cabinet and zippered portfolio so I don't lose more than normal.:covri:

I saw the Advertising sticky (ooops, not a sticky) and you prolly remember my one post there. It was more for my gf, but we both need all the help we can get. If I can peel myself away from the suspiciously addicting EE, I'll share whatever I can.

That's one thing about all this. Networking is GOLD and I have yet to do it. There are MANY groups that meet on certain days to discuss anything on their minds, but I have yet to feel that I am worthy of their time and experience.

Last edited:
good, stopped drinking beer until the 2008-2009 nfl season, cut down on my food portions, now just have to get to the gym regulary. so 2 out of 3 right now and gonna start hitting gym this weekend.

Haven't had a soda in 15 days......sleeping better..but he headaches I wake up with are brutal.....

it's getting better day by day though!

Haven't had a soda in 15 days......sleeping better..but he headaches I wake up with are brutal.....

it's getting better day by day though!

Oh, that speaks to me....I'm trying to cut down on soda too, but the lack-of-caffeine headaches are killing me. I'm not trying to cut down too much yet (as I sit here with my Dr. Pepper...:covri: ), since the last 10 days have been brutal schedule-wise and I need all the help I can get, but my plan is to limit myself to one can of soda a day, once things calm down a bit and I catch up on my sleep.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom