Anybody here use any medical alert services for the elderly? (1 Viewer)

staphory

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My mom turns 80 this year. She lives alone 20 miles away and doesn’t have any close neighbors. She gets around fairly well but has admitted to the occasional fall.
She only admitted to the occasional fall after I saw her yesterday and had to help her up. She couldn’t get up by herself. She wasn’t injured, but it was worrisome.
I thought about getting here a system from Medical Guard that has a base station that is monitored and you can get a pendant that detects falls and has a panic button on it.
It costs something like $400 per year but has 24/7 monitoring.
She won’t move out and I live in a tiny house that she won’t move into but I have to do something. Anybody got suggestions?

I am in the same boat, we had a life alert for her a few years back, she didnt want it. I think now she is finally ready. I did set up WiFi cameras around the house to be able to monitor, but the last time she fell, was out of camera view.

The Apple Watch will automatically dial 911 for you if it detects a hard fall and you remain immobile for 60 seconds. Sounds like the life alert style devices can do something similar now from your post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom