Anybody here use VOIP? (1 Viewer)

I thought about Vonage. I was hoping someone here has used it.

I've installed and configured dozens of Vonage systems for small/medium sized businesses. They get a thumbs up from me. Reliability and usability are good. The admin portal is fairly straightforward, though there is a learning curve for sure. The app is pretty useful. It allows you to make and receive calls on your Vonage number from your cellphone (your internet is down, you don't want someone to have your mobile number, etc), as well as forward calls to different places on the fly, even create a number of hops if necessary (ring here first 3 rings, then this phone 3 rings, then this phone 5 rings, then back to voicemail if no answer etc) RingCentral and some other providers have a similar app, but Vonage's was definitely the most user friendly of those I encountered.

Bandwidth isn't much of an issue for VoIP, but ping/consistent connection definitely is. I have occasionally run into an older gateway that doesn't handle modern VoIP traffic properly, so an ancient modem/router could cause issues.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom