Anybody in sales? (1 Viewer)

pennstater

Very Banned
Reaction score
I have been doing research the past few years in the turfgrass/fungicide industry and I have been thinking about switching gears from research to sales.

Can anyone tell me what you think are some of the pro's and con's of this career?

the first con would be if you arent a good salesman then you wont make much money. I assuume you have some contacts that you would be able to sell products to?

The biggest pro can also the biggest con. Commission.

You either have what it takes to be good at it or you don't. But you're young enough to take a shot.

the first con would be if you arent a good salesman then you wont make much money. I assuume you have some contacts that you would be able to sell products to?

Yeah, Dow and Syngenta.

I would pick one of those 2 companies. I have had at length conversations with both of their crop science industries.

I have been doing research the past few years in the turfgrass/fungicide industry and I have been thinking about switching gears from research to sales.

Can anyone tell me what you think are some of the pro's and con's of this career?

You're young enough and at a stage in your life where it's probably worth giving it a try. If you were thinking of a career change in your 30s or 40 and you had 3 kids then that's a different matter.

What have you got to lose by giving it a shot? If it works out you stand to make big $$$ and if it doesn't you'll be that much better positioned for career development from the Sales training and the contacts you'll make.

What are the chances of finding a job making the same salary (or more) should the Sales gig not work out? Also, do you really like the work you're currently performing and hate the thought of doing something else?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom