Anybody know about Solid State Drive (SSD) technology? (2 Viewers)

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
Soon I'll be purchasing a 2010 Macbook Pro 13". I'm just a little torn if I should have Apple install a 128gb SSD or just roll with a Hard Drive.

I've seen Youtube vids and have read about the Solid State Drive technology. Seems like it makes your computer faster, and quieter. However, I've also heard the performance over time doesn't sustain.

Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm confused :(

Soon I'll be purchasing a 2010 Macbook Pro 13". I'm just a little torn if I should have Apple install a 128gb SSD or just roll with a Hard Drive.

I've seen Youtube vids and have read about the Solid State Drive technology. Seems like it makes your computer faster, and quieter. However, I've also heard the performance over time doesn't sustain.

Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm confused :(

All of our work computers have SSD drives now and they're pretty fast. I used to hate rebooting but I'll be back at my login screen in 20-30 after a reboot. Programs pretty much load instantly.

We have 80GB Intel SSDs installed here.

All of our work computers have SSD drives now and they're pretty fast. I used to hate rebooting but I'll be back at my login screen in 20-30 after a reboot. Programs pretty much load instantly.

We have 80GB Intel SSDs installed here.

Thanks for responding blasian. Good to get an account from someone who actually works with SSD on their computer.

Have you heard about the SSD possibly becoming slower over time?

Thanks for responding blasian. Good to get an account from someone who actually works with SSD on their computer.

Have you heard about the SSD possibly becoming slower over time?

I have not heard of that. I'd think it would be the other way around considering there are mechanical parts on platter-based drives :idunno:

I haven't noticed anything but it's only been a month. My bosses have had theirs for months now and I haven't heard any complaints.

I do believe what you're referring to is the drives have finite use potential. It's not really something you should worry about.

He puts his money where his mouth is too, buying 84 of them in a RAID array for his 512GB RAM 7 monitor gaming rig.

Dayum.

RAID 10?

I hope you switched to the Nvidia video.

I didn't. I think running those two 6870's in crossfire should be good enough right? I mean it's way more for the nvidia cards and the benchmarks just don't seem there.

Nah, video doesn't matter. The luxury gamer keyboard though, 24K don't come cheap:
gold-plated-keyboard_YqmOr_2263.jpg

I didn't. I think running those two 6870's in crossfire should be good enough right? I mean it's way more for the nvidia cards and the benchmarks just don't seem there.

I'm going to laugh when you upgrade next month.

i'm not spending 500 on one card when i can buy two for 500. That's just silly. 1000k for SLI? PSHAW.

I will however spend 600 total on two 6970's, that's 2GB of memory EACH. That should be more than enough. Don't be putting doubt in my head buzd. I'm already spending too much lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom