Anybody see that segment on ESPN (Goodell & Bountygate)? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
What did you think?

I think it was slanted from the beginning... with ESPN citing a 7% growth in NFL team value since he became Commissioner. I wonder why they didn't cite stat prior to his tenure?

This seemed to be a political HIT PIECE, but wondering what you guys thought.

:gosaints:

What did you think?

I think it was slanted from the beginning... with ESPN citing a 7% growth in NFL team value since he became Commissioner. I wonder why they didn't cite stat prior to his tenure?

This seemed to be a political HIT PIECE, but wondering what you guys thought.

1%-1.5% per year...I'm sure all owners are pleased with this result. <sarcasm off>

THAT is the measure to be used. What was Tags and Rozelle's appreciation rate on an annual basis? Never mind...it doesn't matter.

They tout 7% as a positive statistic resultant from Roger's leadership. When the 1%-1.5% annual appreciation is shown to pale in comparison, the anemic growth will be resultant from the poor economy and the great recession, which Roger's leadership has somehow overcome just to show ANY appreciation.

Talk about having it both ways. This guy is a politician through-and-through. All credit belongs to him, and all blame is the fault of others...

I don't watch ESPN for anything but the highlights. The commentary, the opinion nonsense? I'm looking at funny YouTube videos, listening to music, or writing.

1%-1.5% per year...I'm sure all owners are pleased with this result. <sarcasm off>

THAT is the measure to be used. What was Tags and Rozelle's appreciation rate on an annual basis? Never mind...it doesn't matter.

They tout 7% as a positive statistic resultant from Roger's leadership. When the 1%-1.5% annual appreciation is shown to pale in comparison, the anemic growth will be resultant from the poor economy and the great recession, which Roger's leadership has somehow overcome just to show ANY appreciation.

Talk about having it both ways. This guy is a politician through-and-through. All credit belongs to him, and all blame is the fault of others...

The thing that gets me is that most of the real fans in the NFL don't respect Goodell. But the "talking heads" :blabla: all sing from the same sheet of music, and kiss-up with flowery remarks that make you wanna barf! :throwup:

The NFL is slowly sliding towards becoming a joke. I hope the NFLPA gains strength and clout, and that the traditional appeal of the game (i.e.: full contact) is allowed to happen (without unnecessary roughness).

JMHO

Seriously.....aside from the highlights (which can be found anywhere now-a-days), why would you watch ESPN? It's nothing but fodder. Do people who watch ESPN need someone to tell them how to think? Do they need a quick soundbite to drop in a convo to sound educated?

You can keep ESPN

Seriously.....aside from the highlights (which can be found anywhere now-a-days), why would you watch ESPN? It's nothing but fodder. Do people who watch ESPN need someone to tell them how to think? Do they need a quick soundbite to drop in a convo to sound educated?

You can keep ESPN

I'm not going to believe for one minute that most here DO NOT watch ESPN. Yes, it's true that they have a lot of biased reporting, but there is also news there that is of interest to most of us (including the WhoDat Nation).

SportsCenter
Up Close
Outside the Lines
Monday Night Countdown
NFL 2Night
NHL 2Night
Baseball Tonight
ESPN Outdoors
Rome on Fire
Around the Horn
Mike & Mike in the Morning
Pardon the Interruption
First Take
Numbers never Lie
NFL Live

Yeah, I hear ya about the frustration with ESPN. But again... I don't believe you when you insinuate that there's nothing on ESPN worth watching.

JMHO :cool:

You can keep ESPN

Yeah the highlights are all over youtube

I'm not going to believe for one minute that most here DO NOT watch ESPN. Yes, it's true that they have a lot of biased reporting, but there is also news there that is of interest to most of us (including the WhoDat Nation).

SportsCenter
Up Close
Outside the Lines
Monday Night Countdown
NFL 2Night
NHL 2Night
Baseball Tonight
ESPN Outdoors
Rome on Fire
Around the Horn
Pardon the Interruption
First Take
Numbers never Lie
NFL Live

Yeah, I hear ya about the frustration with ESPN. But again... I don't believe you when you insinuate that there's nothing on ESPN worth watching.

I had already pretty much limited my ESPN watching to the highlights when the bounty stuff broke. Since then I don't watch it at all and don't miss it one bit. I do still listen to Mike & Mike on my way in to work and watch the games, but other than that I am done with ESPN altogether.

SportsCenter
Up Close
Outside the Lines
Monday Night Countdown
NFL 2Night
NHL 2Night
Baseball Tonight
ESPN Outdoors
Rome on Fire
Around the Horn
Pardon the Interruption
First Take
Numbers never Lie
NFL Live

If they have a good special, I'll watch. Like Gruden's QB camp. I will watch MNF and the associated pre and post game shows, but mostly only if the Saints are playing. I don't watch sports center anymore. I might do that again though.

Otherwise, I mostly stick to NFLN or the internet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom