Anybody see the McCarthy interview? (1 Viewer)

"Is that the quote you're looking for?"

ETA: Didn't he say that? Or did I mis-hear things?

Last edited:
In what world wasn’t that official inept all game? He was brutally unengaged. On more than one spot, alll game. He was half Assing the entire game.

If you watch all the replays on that last play in particular, from overhead shot he wasn’t even in frame heading to the ball until after the play was dead. Then we saw a very uninspired jog. And then a double placement.

I hate the cowboys more than any team in the league. But their coach was very right to be upset with how the officials handled that.

In what world wasn’t that official inept all game? He was brutally unengaged. On more than one spot, alll game. He was half Assing the entire game.

If you watch all the replays on that last play in particular, from overhead shot he wasn’t even in frame heading to the ball until after the play was dead. Then we saw a very uninspired jog. And then a double placement.

I hate the cowboys more than any team in the league. But their coach was very right to be upset with how the officials handled that.
Disagree. It was a stupid play call. Too many things could go wrong.

On the overhead cam it looked like the official who set the ball was not the closest to begin with. Was there any prohibition on the official who was ahead of the play - he started out about 10-15 yards ahead of the eventual spot of the ball but ended up heading toward the 49ers end zone - from dashing in to spot the ball? Dak made an error in not looking for the official behind him, but the one who was ahead of the play could have come in and spotted the ball without having to bust through the O-line.

On that last play, the ref seemed to be the only person on the field who understood the seriousness of the situation and what had to happen before another play could be run. The refs were terrible all afternoon, but it’s not their job to save Dallas from bad decisions and terrible execution. What that double-clutch was about, I’ve no idea, but I don’t think it was malicious.

Maybe. Risky for sure but they still had a chance for a few seconds and one more shot at the endzone. The risky situational play call is a separate thing from persistent inept officiating that continues to impact outcomes. But, hey, ratings are probably through the roof, everyone is watching anyway so why bother to improve or hold anyone accountable?

They had a full game to put up points.

The offense was heralded as the best. Dak 2nd coming. Lamb / Cooper uncoverable.

Dallas lost cause they decided to play in the last 5 minutes. Refs affect every game

Choke with a capital C

It does seem like a stupid call, but if Prescott goes down one yard sooner, at least they have time for a decent shot at the end zone.
How much the mentioned ref influenced the play is another matter.
That brings up that ridiculous rule that was instituted a few years ago - that a ref must personally hold up the next play - every play.
I remember thinking when this was first put into the game - here we go with one more unnecessary rule that allows the refs even more control over the outcome of games.
Remember when the refs simply had to place the ball in play?
They would even run to put the ball on the line of scrimmage and then run away !!
So that THE PLAYERS determine who wins the game ...
remember them good ol' days?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom