Anybody see the McCarthy interview? (1 Viewer)

Maybe. Risky for sure but they still had a chance for a few seconds and one more shot at the endzone. The risky situational play call is a separate thing from persistent inept officiating that continues to impact outcomes. But, hey, ratings are probably through the roof, everyone is watching anyway so why bother to improve or hold anyone accountable?
There is a video of a Cowboy fan explaining the Cowboys are like some of those crypto plays....they take your money and leave you with nothing. Said he was advising all that this is how the cowboys are run. That all the money is going to benefit a few.

Did I mention he broadcast from his Cowboys man cave? ??? Lolol from hat to shoes, to rug, to decor...

Yep NFL never met a controversy it couldn't get ahead of. It simply means more eyes. More eyes = more $$$

They had a full game to put up points.

The offense was heralded as the best. Dak 2nd coming. Lamb / Cooper uncoverable.

Dallas lost cause they decided to play in the last 5 minutes. Refs affect every game

Choke with a capital C
Yep Dallas D did it job. They held S.F to 23. That bad interception that Dak threw made it a 16=0 deficit. Poor offensive play, turnovers and lots of penalties will cost you playoff game every time

On that last play, the ref seemed to be the only person on the field who understood the seriousness of the situation and what had to happen before another play could be run. The refs were terrible all afternoon, but it’s not their job to save Dallas from bad decisions and terrible execution. What that double-clutch was about, I’ve no idea, but I don’t think it was malicious.
He was also a cowboy fan... and was basically trying to win Dallas the game himself...

ref.jpg

60 year old man damn near ran Dak over to save the game lol

there's an awful lot of 20th-century officiating for a 21st-century game

I think if it was us that happened to we would all be going off on the refs.

No Cowboys fan, but when the ref double spotted it they should have stopped the clock.

Ugh I hope the AFC wins it all. I hate all the teams other than the Cardinals in NFC
Bengals all the way!

With its many pre-snap penalties and Gregory's stupid play, Dallas deserved to lose. Given the time remaining, the long run by Prescott was a poor decision. And even if a second had remained, the odds of Dallas scoring a touchdown on the next play were small. And it was a small miracle that Dallas moved the ball so far in the last 30 seconds because San Francisco's defense fell asleep in that last series.

Is Kellen Moore the next great thing as an NFL head coach? I doubt it, but I guess we will find out because it seems Jerry and sons are intent on keeping Moore.

On that last play, the ref seemed to be the only person on the field who understood the seriousness of the situation and what had to happen before another play could be run. The refs were terrible all afternoon, but it’s not their job to save Dallas from bad decisions and terrible execution. What that double-clutch was about, I’ve no idea, but I don’t think it was malicious.

Is anyone talking about the fact that the ball was placed where Dak ended his slide instead of where he initiated his slide? Perhaps the referee was weighing spotting the ball in the correct spot, 4 to 5 yards back, versus where the player spotted the ball.

Smh, give me a break. It was a stupid play call. Dumb. Stupid. In any other scenario, the ball would have been moved to the correct spot with nochance to run a play in the next 5 to 7 seconds. It was a stupid call by the coach. A stupid decision to slide by Dak.

In what world does the offense get to SPOT the ball where they want it??? No sympathy. The last play is not on the refs.

Last edited:
In what world wasn’t that official inept all game? He was brutally unengaged. On more than one spot, alll game. He was half Assing the entire game.

If you watch all the replays on that last play in particular, from overhead shot he wasn’t even in frame heading to the ball until after the play was dead. Then we saw a very uninspired jog. And then a double placement.

I hate the cowboys more than any team in the league. But their coach was very right to be upset with how the officials handled that.
Naw, the Cowboys blew that play. As Romo said, Dak should have slid after 10 yards and tossed the ball to the official for placement. Bad clock management on his part. Cost them a shot at a Hail Mary.

I might not hate the cowboys the most but they're one of the most insufferable franchises in sports. Literally haven't accomplished Jack Squat since the 90's and there is a lovefest over them every year. They get so many primetime games, its like every other week with them. I enjoyed every second of their choking in this game. Dak, this, Dak that, CeeDee Lamb this, Cooper that.

All of that and they got killed by all 14 penalties.

Was it Moore who called a quarterback draw from the 41 with 14 seconds left and no timeouts? The call was bad, and the execution by Prescott was bad.

As much as I dislike San Francisco, I dislike Dallas even more. In fact, I have long thought that, for anyone living outside Texas, the true test of absence of character is cheering for the Cowboys. But it has been so long since the Cowboys really won anything that I might need to reconsider my prior statement.

I can see Dallas being upset. But It was really the play call that was the problem. Or the execution…run for the sideline and get out of bounds if you’re going to do that.

I would think if you’re going to call that play in that situation they should know who is supposed to spot the ball and allow that official to get in place.

But they lost this game on the line of scrimmage. They couldn’t run the ball. SF did. They didn’t get any sacks. SF got 5. They had a whopping 14 penalties for just 89 yards. Mostly because they had a bunch of those 5 yard penalties that happen on the line of scrimmage.

I’m not going to say it was completely a stupid call. In theory, minus all the what could go wrongs that can go wrong on any play with no timeouts, if they would have pulled it off, the ball would have been in a spot with a much better percentile touchdown chance. Now, should he have slid sooner? Yep.

If I was a cowgirl fan, I would be upset also. Not because there was a blatant missed call like the ram game with us, but because you can make a case that how that situation played out, based to the reliance on the ref to place the ball in that situation, should be looked at. Will something like that ever happen again? Who know? I’ll just say, that if the ref would have been Johnny on the spot rather than doing what he did, they would have had a minimum of one second on the clock to have another play.

Sucks to be them. A season ending play like that has the potential to set a team back for years. Look what 28-3 did to the failclowns.

Yes, Dallas always gets an inordinate number of prime-time games based on its on-field success. And the fact that it made the playoffs this year and won the weakest division in football will guarantee in 2022 as many prime-time games as the team that wins the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom