Anybody see the McCarthy interview? (1 Viewer)

Yes, Dallas always gets an inordinate number of prime-time games based on its on-field success. And the fact that it made the playoffs this year and won the weakest division in football will guarantee in 2022 as many prime-time games as the team that wins the Super Bowl.

I wouldn’t say it’s based on their onfield success. It’s based on them being the cowboys. Everyone either loves them or hates them. Both are going to watch them. They could’ve been 7-9 this year and they’d still get 5 prime time games next year.

Was the loss disappointing because of Dallas's expectations before the season and before the game? Or was it disappointing because of how the game ended? Seriously, Dallas was fortunate to be in 49er territory when the game ended and did not deserve to win. It committed 14 penalties--many were just stupid. And it trailed the entire game.

I’m not going to say it was completely a stupid call. In theory, minus all the what could go wrongs that can go wrong on any play with no timeouts, if they would have pulled it off, the ball would have been in a spot with a much better percentile touchdown chance. Now, should he have slid sooner? Yep.

If I was a cowgirl fan, I would be upset also. Not because there was a blatant missed call like the ram game with us, but because you can make a case that how that situation played out, based to the reliance on the ref to place the ball in that situation, should be looked at. Will something like that ever happen again? Who know? I’ll just say, that if the ref would have been Johnny on the spot rather than doing what he did, they would have had a minimum of one second on the clock to have another play.

Sucks to be them. A season ending play like that has the potential to set a team back for years. Look what 28-3 did to the failclowns.
If you run a play that is going to require a 60 year old man to run thirty yards, bust through the line and take the ball from the center and place it like he knew where the play was going to end before you run it, uh, you need a new job.

On the overhead cam it looked like the official who set the ball was not the closest to begin with. Was there any prohibition on the official who was ahead of the play - he started out about 10-15 yards ahead of the eventual spot of the ball but ended up heading toward the 49ers end zone - from dashing in to spot the ball? Dak made an error in not looking for the official behind him, but the one who was ahead of the play could have come in and spotted the ball without having to bust through the O-line.
The head ref or the umpire set the ball. They are both behind the play. Can't blame them for Dallas dumb arse play call.

The officials awarded Dallas another possession and an extra 20 seconds due to the game clock change. Deebo looked short of the line to gain but that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a ball moved 1/4 of a yard back after review, and they also started at 1:04 with a 25 second clock.

If you run a play that is going to require a 60 year old man to run thirty yards, bust through the line and take the ball from the center and place it like he knew where the play was going to end before you run it, uh, you need a new job.

Yep. Not arguing that there are so many things that could go wrong on a play like they. Same principle as if they would have ran a pass play and the receiver somehow would have not gotten out of bounds. No timeouts equal no room for error.

With 14 seconds, they are outside the time frame to go ahead with the Hail Mary and they felt no one would suspect a qb draw. It worked. No one, including the ref that was supposed to place the ball saw it coming. One problem…. They ran out of time.

Now, it will be argued tomorrow from every camera angle how much time could have been on the clock if the ref hadn’t of ran into dak and the line. Too bad for Dallas that he did. It’s going to be 80% of the football discussion tomorrow on every show tomorrow. Going to be a fun day. As for tonight, I doubt many Dallas fans get much sleep. An ending like that is a hard pill to swallow, especially considering the team they had.

I’m not going to say it was completely a stupid call. In theory, minus all the what could go wrongs that can go wrong on any play with no timeouts, if they would have pulled it off, the ball would have been in a spot with a much better percentile touchdown chance. Now, should he have slid sooner? Yep.

If I was a cowgirl fan, I would be upset also. Not because there was a blatant missed call like the ram game with us, but because you can make a case that how that situation played out, based to the reliance on the ref to place the ball in that situation, should be looked at. Will something like that ever happen again? Who know? I’ll just say, that if the ref would have been Johnny on the spot rather than doing what he did, they would have had a minimum of one second on the clock to have another play.

Sucks to be them. A season ending play like that has the potential to set a team back for years. Look what 28-3 did to the failclowns.
So the ref, who starts the play at least 10 yards behind the LOS, must sprint down the field 25 yds and run through the line to spot a ball. Who else is going to spot it? All the officials on that play are at least 20 yards away. He has to put the ball where it needs to go, not where the player has it. Everybody always looking to blame somebody else. Blame the one that should be blamed in this case, The Cowboys. Cry me a river.

The officials awarded Dallas another possession and an extra 20 seconds due to the game clock change. Deebo looked short of the line to gain but that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a ball moved 1/4 of a yard back after review, and they also started at 1:04 with a 25 second clock.
That play should have never been overturned. I have never seen an official move the ball back a few inches and then remeasure.

Dallas has zero basis to complain. Dumb decision to run a QB draw with no timeouts left. They deserve what they got.

So the ref, who starts the play at least 10 yards behind the LOS, must sprint down the field 25 yds and run through the line to spot a ball. Who else is going to spot it? All the officials on that play are at least 20 yards away. He has to put the ball where it needs to go, not where the player has it. Everybody always looking to blame somebody else. Blame the one that should be blamed in this case, The Cowboys. Cry me a river.
First, I want to clarify that I enjoy Dallas’s pain and the sleepless night they are experiencing right now. There are certainly no lost tears being shed for Dallas from me.

Now, with that said, football is a game of inches and seconds. Had that ball been placed and Dallas would have had a shot at the end zone and scored, it would have been considered a great call and one that we would have never heard the end about. Would of, could of, should of. We will never know. I’ll just say, if all parties (and that was a big if) would have executed the intent of the play, they would have been able to spike the ball with a minimum of one second left on the clock and one play left to get into the end zone.

The reason the ref has to spot that ball was never more evident than here. Dak started his slide at the 25 and the Cowboys C was marking it inside the 24. He had to double clutch to respot it.

First, I want to clarify that I enjoy Dallas’s pain and the sleepless night they are experiencing right now. There are certainly no lost tears being shed for Dallas from me.

Now, with that said, football is a game of inches and seconds. Had that ball been placed and Dallas would have had a shot at the end zone and scored, it would have been considered a great call and one that we would have never heard the end about. Would of, could of, should of. We will never know. I’ll just say, if all parties (and that was a big if) would have executed the intent of the play, they would have been able to spike the ball with a minimum of one second left on the clock and one play left to get into the end zone.
Slide sooner. Case closed.

Sucks to be them.

Noooo. I don’t want to live in a world where the Saints opponents now get to spot the ball themselves like we're playing a pickup game on the neutral grounds across the street from grave yard. Players don't get to spot the ball because they're in a hurry.

In what world wasn’t that official inept all game? He was brutally unengaged. On more than one spot, alll game. He was half Assing the entire game.

If you watch all the replays on that last play in particular, from overhead shot he wasn’t even in frame heading to the ball until after the play was dead. Then we saw a very uninspired jog. And then a double placement.

I hate the cowboys more than any team in the league. But their coach was very right to be upset with how the officials handled that.
not sure what you were watching but you certainly aren't being truthful

uninspired jog? that was about as fast as that man can hustle, he made every effort to get the ball in play as soon as humanly possible, even desperately trying to wedge his way in between the linemen

you can't run 17 yards in the middle of the field with only 18 seconds to work with and expect to get another play off

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom