Anybody see the McCarthy interview? (1 Viewer)

the ref had to move the ball back to where the actual spot should have been and he did. Then he wussed out and put it back where they tried to run the play from. The whole team should have been forced to take a step back and re-set. Game over.

I would tell Mike McCarthy the same thing all Saints fans have been told, "Get over it".

I don't remember the exact sequence leading up to that play or if there was time but wouldn't a good coach have given the ref or a ref a heads up on what he was going to do so they are aware and maybe react quicker? Kind of like when coach Payton gave the refs a heads up about the onside kick during in the Super Bowl. Coaches talk to officials throughout the game.

I believe that there will be serious repercussions from the end of this game.

More than likely, :theclown: will suspend Sean Payton for the 2022-23, and 2023-24 seasons because he blatantly refused to resign and take the Cowboys’ job after Jason Garrett was fired causing the Cowboys to run the QB draw with no time outs and 14 seconds left effecting the integrity of the game. Got to protect the shield! 😜😜😜

Too risky to try to run and then get set and clock the ball with only 14 seconds on the clock. Really not even a choice. The Cowboys should have tried to throw a quick out to the sideline to get into position to throw it into the endzone. And since they did run the ball, the least Dak could have done was hand it to the official instead of the time wasting scramble drill where the center, the qb, and the ref were all trying to handle the ball. If Dak hands it to the ref, they may have actually had a second or two left on the clock.

Too risky to try to run and then get set and clock the ball with only 14 seconds on the clock. Really not even a choice. The Cowboys should have tried to throw a quick out to the sideline to get into position to throw it into the endzone. And since they did run the ball, the least Dak could have done was hand it to the official instead of the time wasting scramble drill where the center, the qb, and the ref were all trying to handle the ball. If Dak hands it to the ref, they may have actually had a second or two left on the clock.
I love that it all comes down IF,IF,IF. IF they weren't so stupid ...

I think if it was us that happened to we would all be going off on the refs.

No Cowboys fan, but when the ref double spotted it they should have stopped the clock.

Ugh I hope the AFC wins it all. I hate all the teams other than the Cardinals in NFC
If that would have been us I would have the same opinion I have now WHY DID THEY RUN THAT PLAY!!!

If I were a fan of any team looking to hire a Coach, that play call would automatically remove Kellen Moore from consideration of the job opening.

I was listening to a Cowboys podcast (mainly to hear the meltdown) and they said the same thing. They're basically saying can McCarthy and Moore and let Quinn take the reins.

They had a full game to put up points.

The offense was heralded as the best. Dak 2nd coming. Lamb / Cooper uncoverable.

Dallas lost cause they decided to play in the last 5 minutes. Refs affect every game

Choke with a capital C
Look this is true but at the same time if the get their 1 or 2 seconds at the end...that's a shot. Probably would not have pulled it off but it was a shot.

Some of this reasoning reminds me of what we were on the other side of with the NFCCG debacle vs the Rams. As egregious as that was opposing fans were like...so what? You had ample chances to win anyway...cry me a river...

I don't like the Cowboys. I just hate to see the NFL get away so scot free all time with this incompetence.

I think if it was us that happened to we would all be going off on the refs.

No Cowboys fan, but when the ref double spotted it they should have stopped the clock.

Ugh I hope the AFC wins it all. I hate all the teams other than the Cardinals in NFC
Absolutely.

Look this is true but at the same time if the get their 1 or 2 seconds at the end...that's a shot. Probably would not have pulled it off but it was a shot.

Some of this reasoning reminds me of what we were on the other side of with the NFCCG debacle vs the Rams. As egregious as that was opposing fans were like...so what? You had ample chances to win anyway...cry me a river...

I don't like the Cowboys. I just hate to see the NFL get away so scot free all time with this incompetence.
I still don't see how the refs or the NFL screwed up that game for the Cowboys?

The difference between our No-call and the cowboys lack of time management “no call” was that the saints didn’t have to run another play.

All we had to do after the refs should of thrown the flag was sit on the ball or worst case kick a field goal.

The cowboys needed a 20 yard TD.

Huge difference

No one can blame that official as 'THE' reason for the loss.
Two important things to consider:
One was the bad decision by Dak to run that far with only 14 seconds on the game clock.

And even IF they manage to clock the ball with a second remaining, they still needed an unlikely desperation touchdown just to have a shot at winning the game.

By that final drive the odds were very low that Dallas was going to pull it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom