Anybody see the McCarthy interview? (1 Viewer)

Look this is true but at the same time if the get their 1 or 2 seconds at the end...that's a shot. Probably would not have pulled it off but it was a shot.

Some of this reasoning reminds me of what we were on the other side of with the NFCCG debacle vs the Rams. As egregious as that was opposing fans were like...so what? You had ample chances to win anyway...cry me a river...

I don't like the Cowboys. I just hate to see the NFL get away so scot free all time with this incompetence.
The incompetaence was with the play call and execution. Not the refs.

Sometimes everyone is wrong.

The refs were absolute garbage (and have been in the NFL for a while now)

AND

That was the DUMBEST playcall in NFL playoff history.

The player can not spot the bal for play, only the ref can, that is why the ref ran in and spotted the ball placement.
And they shouldn't have had any time to spike the ball if we are honest with ourselves. The ref should have made the entire O line back up to where it was supposed to be spotted and not give them the chance by spotting it so close to where the Center spotted it.

And they shouldn't have had any time to spike the ball if we are honest with ourselves. The ref should have made the entire O line back up to where it was supposed to be spotted and not give them the chance by spotting it so close to where the Center spotted it.
Absolutely. Looked like they missed the spot by 3 or 4 yards.

there's an awful lot of 20th-century officiating for a 21st-century game

This is so totally spot on....but it will never happen (tech usage) unless folks boycott NFL games....

Look this is true but at the same time if the get their 1 or 2 seconds at the end...that's a shot. Probably would not have pulled it off but it was a shot.

Some of this reasoning reminds me of what we were on the other side of with the NFCCG debacle vs the Rams. As egregious as that was opposing fans were like...so what? You had ample chances to win anyway...cry me a river...

I don't like the Cowboys. I just hate to see the NFL get away so scot free all time with this incompetence.
I usually line up with you, but not on this one. Sure, there would be a vocal, butt hurt crowd of us Saints fans complaining if that was us. But, the majority would be pointing the blame at the team/coaches. The officials didn't cause that clock rundown. As mentioned before, the spot should have been further back and they would have to realign. The ref gave them a better chance to beat the clock, in fact.

The officials awarded Dallas another possession and an extra 20 seconds due to the game clock change. Deebo looked short of the line to gain but that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a ball moved 1/4 of a yard back after review, and they also started at 1:04 with a 25 second clock.
I mentioned this in the Dak should have run a play instead of clocking it thread.

It wasn't 20 seconds but it was 8 seconds gifted to the Cowboys.

play clock should have been reset to 33 seconds, not 25

I get that but the ref did double clutch the ball.
Dak looked dead at the ref running frantically to spot the ball and decided to get in his way. I didn't realize Dak Prescott is quite a dumb human being.

The ref spotted the ball back from where it was, if he had left it there (like he should have) the O line would have had to move back a step which would have ended the game.

He gave them a break. And that sucks!

I usually line up with you, but not on this one. Sure, there would be a vocal, butt hurt crowd of us Saints fans complaining if that was us. But, the majority would be pointing the blame at the team/coaches. The officials didn't cause that clock rundown. As mentioned before, the spot should have been further back and they would have to realign. The ref gave them a better chance to beat the clock, in fact.
I suppose you are right it was more on the play call. I just get tired of seeing the refs impact the game needlessly and I let it get to me sometimes...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom