Anybody think that Payton/Loomis/Ireland own this draft again? (1 Viewer)

If SP continues to listen to Ireland then we will....

To me, to select or not Kenneth Murray if he's there at 24 is a bit like the 2016 draft with Sheldon Rankins. D-line was such a glaring need at the time that it was a fait-accompli that we'd pick Rankins if he was there. With Sanders now in the fold at WR, the more glaring need became linebacker. If he's there, he has to be the pick.

In the Jeff Ireland era, I've got to agree with you... and it's not even close!

:gosaints:

Rick Leonard :ROFLMAO: that pick absolutely shocked me.

At the time I liked all the other picks, except maybe Tre'Quan Smith, I really wanted Mark Andrews in the 3rd but he got taken 5 picks ahead of us...
Boston Scott showed some promise for the Eagles last year, wish we could've kept him as a RB3 option.
And Will Clapp has proven to be great OL depth.

But yes overall a disappointing draft thus far, especially for using 2 first rounders, hopefully Davenport really steps it up this season and stays healthy.

Just thought I would bring this post up again for kicks. I myself think they "owned it" again just alone on the quality, and not quantity of picks they had. How many "tweeners" do need on your roster? Go big, or go home!šŸ˜šŸ‘

I'm curious as to what changes they've made vs them being more willing to go for quality over quantity and if that translates to them opting to target a much smaller pool of players and being more willing to trade up for them.

This low tide has beached everyone's ships. If anyone can tank that, it's Payton, Loomis, and Ireland.

Your speculation was correct! :9:

:gosaints:

I think we use our draft picks and come out with 3 starters (QB, LB, G) which means that they package a pick or two to move up to grab a specific player.

Saints don't have many holes and with Brees possibly retiring this year and you only have one QB behind him I think QB is a high priority superceding any other position.
Pretty close!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom