Anyone a loan offer for a bank? Looking for a boat loan... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I've been trying to get in touch with loan officers the past 2 days, but getting no calls back. Anyone a loan officer for a bank that does boat loans?

I've tried Jefferson FCU and South Louisiana Bank. Those two had the best advertised rates I could find.

Last edited:
I used LightStream.com last time I needed a loan. They wired me cash the same day and the loan was unsecured. I used it to buy a used Jeep, but they didn't seem to care what I used it for because it did not require a lien on the car I was buying or on my house.

You can also try LendingTree.com which is a service that you put in what kind of loan you are looking for and it matches you to the best solutions it can find.

I have a friend that is a loan officer at Gulf South Bank, but she says they don't do boat loans.

I used LightStream.com last time I needed a loan. They wired me cash the same day and the load was unsecured. I used it to buy a used Jeep, but they didn't seem to care what I used it for because it did not require a lien on the car I was buying or on my house.

You can also try LendingTree.com which is a service that you put in what kind of loan you are looking for and it matches you to the best solutions it can find.

I have a friend that is a loan officer at Gulf South Bank, but she says they don't do boat loans.

Lightstream is more than what I am being offered from the dealers financing. LendingTree is spam headquarters :)

Thanks though!

Lightstream is more than what I am being offered from the dealers financing. LendingTree is spam headquarters :)

Thanks though!
Try a credit union. They're rates are usually unbeatable but it may take a bit longer to get your money.

edit: reread the OP and you've been trying to get in touch with a credit union. My bad!

Last edited:

Thanks though!

I didn't know if you were going through a dealer, but that's generally a decent option. I bought from a private party so LightStream worked out well for me.

I didn't know if you were going through a dealer, but that's generally a decent option. I bought from a private party so LightStream worked out well for me.

It's been a game with the preferred dealer. He went from 8.5% to 6.5 to 6 in 24 hours.

I know someone who can help

7EA4DF282D85157582F1D21AFCE63BED9FAE0DE1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom