Anyone been to Disney lately....... (1 Viewer)

Not sure what masks your friends wear, but it was just fine.

We wore all day each day and never had an issue. Especially with the lycra thin ones.
Really depends on the type of mask and time of year. You came while the weather was somewhat pleasant.

If I still had our annual pass, I'd kill for this weather. It was at least 10-15 degrees hotter and 10-40% more humidity the two times we went during this pandemic.

1606151342230.png

Really depends on the type of mask and time of year. You came while the weather was somewhat pleasant.

If I still had our annual pass, I'd kill for this weather. It was at least 10-15 degrees hotter and 10-40% more humidity the two times we went during this pandemic.

1606151342230.png

well we certainly took all that into consideration regarding our visit.

Yeah a humid august probably would have lent to a much "testier" time. Shoot we had a 30mph breeze for 2 days thanks to Eta i think ( or one of those greek Storms )

Oh no! They had to wear masks in pictures? Do you think they'll be ok?

As I said, they were all happy they went. And as others have said, the social experience of something like disney loses something within the context of covid restrictions. I'm sure you can find another thread to have an argument in if you're so inclined.

1606153807689.png

As I said, they were all happy they went. And as others have said, the social experience of something like disney loses something within the context of covid restrictions. I'm sure you can find another thread to have an argument in if you're so inclined.

1606153807689.png

Not picking a fight at all. Just making fun of the mentality that somehow a friggin' Disney vacation is marred by having to wear a mask. What a privilege-y, first-world response to living during a viral pandemic.

Not picking a fight at all. Just making fun of the mentality that somehow a friggin' Disney vacation is marred by having to wear a mask. What a privilege-y, first-world response to living during a viral pandemic.

We used to go every year. I dropped 6-9K on those trips. You better believe being uncomfortable in a mask, paying $200 for Photopass just to have all my pics have our faces half-hidden, and having to be 6ft.+ from characters would affect that. It may be a privilege-y, first-world response, but I worked hard for that privilege, and anything that reduces the experience matters.

Now my approach is to not go if I have to wear the mask. The experience would be impacted too much for me if I did. I have about an hour in a mask before I want to rip that thing off. No way would I be pleasant for 12 hours in the heat and humidity of Florida in one. However, if someone chooses to go it's fair to lament the impact on your vacation. Is it the most important thing in the world at this time? Nah. But not everything has to be viewed on the macro level and it is pretty impactful to those individuals, as it should be.

We used to go every year. I dropped 6-9K on those trips. You better believe being uncomfortable in a mask, paying $200 for Photopass just to have all my pics have our faces half-hidden, and having to be 6ft.+ from characters would affect that. It may be a privilege-y, first-world response, but I worked hard for that privilege, and anything that reduces the experience matters.

Now my approach is to not go if I have to wear the mask. The experience would be impacted too much for me if I did. I have about an hour in a mask before I want to rip that thing off. No way would I be pleasant for 12 hours in the heat and humidity of Florida in one. However, if someone chooses to go it's fair to lament the impact on your vacation. Is it the most important thing in the world at this time? Nah. But not everything has to be viewed on the macro level and it is pretty impactful to those individuals, as it should be.

At least you acknowledge how silly you sound.

At least you acknowledge how silly you sound.
No, he doesn’t sound silly, you’re just being a jerk.

This is what the person you first took a shot at posted:

I've had 3 people in my family go on separate trips. They all said they had a good time but it's not without a dystopian flair. All their pictures are in masks, etc. They all were happy they went but they are all disney freaks as well.

...and for some reason you felt the need to misrepresent the post as a whining, first world complaint when all the poster was doing was responding to the OP’s request for feedback.

Why don’t you take your bad attitude to Twitter instead of to a post about going to Disneyworld?

It really is. I have to a wear a mask 40 hours a week for work and I’ve survived just fine

To you and to “Boy of Wonder 75”, i would say- No one, not one person in this thread, is telling you or anyone else to do... The original poster just asked for others’ input on the experience of DisneyWorld during Covid19... We’ve all given our opinions on whether we think the slight inconveniences would affect the enjoyment of somehting that’s supposed to be fun, or whether maybe we might wait for more ‘normal’ times.. If anything, if you think the experience of Disney would still be great this year- then you should be celebrating the fact that others dont feel the same way, and if you go you’ll have fewer people at the park with you! You can ride more rides, and have shorter lines for food.. You do you man.

Yep. I'm not in a position to go anytime soon, but if I were, I still wouldn't go with Covid still going on. I'd rather get the full experience than have to deal with masking up the entire family. Nothing wrong with masks. They're necessary during the pandemic, but if there's a pandemic going on, Disney isn't where I want to be. I'm content to wait it out at home until I feel like it's reasonably safe to go without having to wear masks.

For a lot of families, Disney is a once in a lifetime experience and we should get the full experience in that one shot. Masks will definitely affect that. There are already enough people here commenting on that experience that to me suggests waiting is worth doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom