Anyone been to Disney lately....... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Thinking of going over Christmas break....stay on site for a few days.

I know they are limiting access.....and mandating masks.

Has anyone been since the reopening and any details would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Yes.

Was there Nov 4 thru 10.

So no park hopping. No extended hours. If you plan on eating in restaurants, start making reservations now if you can. (limited seating)

Mask wearing is a requirement in park. I was walking and drinking and was told either go sit and drink or leave. They are serious. But I appreciated.

You will need to download the Disney app. When in park or on grounds hotel/resort, you will order food and drink from app (from place you want). Then it gives you time to come get. No waiting in lines no contact. It will also help with rides. (shows wait times). Also... Whatever time it shows divide by 2. The lines are also social distance (6ft) so while line looks long, goes really fast because of that

Disney Springs is open but also on a people count in stores and restaurants.

I've had 3 people in my family go on separate trips. They all said they had a good time but it's not without a dystopian flair. All their pictures are in masks, etc. They all were happy they went but they are all disney freaks as well.

I’m very pro-mask, but i personally wouldnt want to go to Disney World while masking and social distancing are in effect.. same reason i opted out of my Saints season tix for this year.. i dont think you should ’stop living your life’ becuase of the pandemic, but things like Disney and Saints games lose something IMO if you cant experience them in the way we’ve becomed accustomed to, so I’ll wait.

I’m very pro-mask, but i personally wouldnt want to go to Disney World while masking and social distancing are in effect.. same reason i opted out of my Saints season tix for this year.. i dont think you should ’stop living your life’ becuase of the pandemic, but things like Disney and Saints games lose something IMO if you cant experience them in the way we’ve becomed accustomed to, so I’ll wait.
Yea. I won’t do another saints game til thats done. Disney is def not happening again for a while.

Same here. We are supposed to have a big family trip next year but we are waiting to book until we see the mask situation. It would take a lot out of the experience if I’m in a mask the whole time, and it would get really uncomfortable.

I am friends with Disney freaks... and they said do not go. The masks are OK for the first day, then gets miserable... and they are Nazis about it. As an above poster stated, it's wear a mask or leave.

We were planning a 2021 trip, but it is postponed until this is over...

I went in August, 3 weeks after they first opened. It was awesome because there were not many people there. If it's someone's first trip or a rare trip, I would say wait. But we go to Disney a lot and we thought it was fine. @efil4stnias had the most accurate description. When we went it was hot and wearing sweaty masks the whole time was the only major downfall, although after the first half-day, you get really used to it. Not all the restaurants are open, so make reservations. Also, get the app to order quick service food in advance. I hope they keep this feature, actually as it really helped reduce line time for lunches and snacks. Many of the un-open restaurants are converted into 'Refreshment Stations' where you can go in, sit at a table in the A/C, and take off your masks for a bit. That was a really thoughtful touch. Everyday, by 3 or 4pm, no matter which park we were in, we were laughing that we rode everything we wanted to ride, and that never happens. The longest line for a ride we stood in was for Slinky Dog and the new Chinese theater ride, which was awesome by the way; both were like 25 mins. Nothing else took more than 10 mins. They social distantly marked out each line, so be courteous and follow the dots on the ground. Some idiots just couldn't get the concept. Honestly, I know they couldn't keep it that way permanantly, but I liked not having another family pressed up against me in line. Any line that requires a 'zig-zag' through chains or bars added a plexiglass barrier between the 2 sides of the line. This I kinda hope they keep so little kids on the other side of the line can't come swinging across into people, but I doubt they will.

I certainly did not regret going and overall it was enjoyable because it was a unique Disney experience, but I say that because I've already had many. There were a lot of things that were not open, such as a lot of the Epcot shops and restaurants which was a bummer. Also, there were no shows or parades when we went because they had not agreed upon safety protocals with the actors' union yet, so I'm not sure what the situation is with that yet. Lots of time we were out on Main Street pretty much alone which made it have sort of a dystopian feel. Also, my kids are 18 and 24, so I didn't have to deal with little kids and their masks. We were all fine with wearing our masks.

One more thought, Rise of the Resistance was worth it as was the ride that is in the Millennium Falcon.

I am friends with Disney freaks... and they said do not go. The masks are OK for the first day, then gets miserable... and they are Nazis about it. As an above poster stated, it's wear a mask or leave.

Not sure what masks your friends wear, but it was just fine.

We wore all day each day and never had an issue. Especially with the lycra thin ones.

I went in August, 3 weeks after they first opened. It was awesome because there were not many people there. If it's someone's first trip or a rare trip, I would say wait. But we go to Disney a lot and we thought it was fine. @efil4stnias had the most accurate description. When we went it was hot and wearing sweaty masks the whole time was the only major downfall, although after the first half-day, you get really used to it. Not all the restaurants are open, so make reservations. Also, get the app to order quick service food in advance. I hope they keep this feature, actually as it really helped reduce line time for lunches and snacks. Many of the un-open restaurants are converted into 'Refreshment Stations' where you can go in, sit at a table in the A/C, and take off your masks for a bit. That was a really thoughtful touch. Everyday, by 3 or 4pm, no matter which park we were in, we were laughing that we rode everything we wanted to ride, and that never happens. The longest line for a ride we stood in was for Slinky Dog and it was like 30 mins. Nothing else took more than 10 mins. They social distantly marked out each line, so be courteous and follow the dots on the ground. Some idiots just couldn't get the concept. Honestly, I know they couldn't keep it that way permanantly, but I liked not having another family pressed up against me in line. Any line that requires a 'zig-zag' through chains or bars added a plexiglass barrier between the 2 sides of the line. This I kinda hope they keep so little kids on the other side of the line can't come swinging across into people, but I doubt they will.

I certainly did not regret going and overall it was enjoyable because it was a unique Disney experience, but I say that because I've already had many. There were a lot of things that were not open, such as a lot of the Epcot shops and restaurants which was a bummer. Also, there were no shows or parades when we went because they had not agreed upon safety protocals with the actors' union yet, so I'm not sure what the situation is with that yet. Lots of time we were out on Main Street pretty much alone which made it have sort of a dystopian feel. Also, my kids are 18 and 24, so I didn't have to deal with little kids and their masks. We were all fine with wearing our masks.

Parades are back.

some places still not open ( since you went ) in Epcot n other parks, but all rides are open.

Well, when you have to lay off 28,000 people at your parks, you probably want folks to take it seriously and get things under wraps. They also know that if there are any cases from the Parks, they'd be hit even harder economically.

I do agree, the masks are hard to wear, but more so in the summer than now. It was a hot sweaty mess at Universal in August when we last went. You just have to soldier through it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom