Anyone booked airfare to SF? (1 Viewer)

Good luck and have fun, but be careful. I went for our game out there last year and it was not a good experience. Candlestick is a crap hole with very little security and some of the fans resemble gang members more than NFL fans. We had one of them try to start something with us and followed us from the stadium through the parking lot till we finally lost him.

Hopefully you will be traveling with a group.

That said, there are a lot of locals in the san fran area that are saint's fans.

Eh learn much at all, Seattle anyone?

Let's wait and beat the Lions first.

Good luck and have fun, but be careful. I went for our game out there last year and it was not a good experience. Candlestick is a crap hole with very little security and some of the fans resemble gang members more than NFL fans. We had one of them try to start something with us and followed us from the stadium through the parking lot till we finally lost him.

That said, there are a lot of locals in the san fran area that are saint's fans.

As a 49er fan I'd love to say this isn't true...

...but I can't. Candlestick, while beloved for the memories, is an absolute hole. Tickets are cheap and it sits in the worst neighborhood in SF (Hunters Point). The 'stick is by far the oldest unrenovated stadium (Soldier Field and Lambeau have had major renovations) in the NFL...by ALOT.

They break ground on a new stadium in Santa Clara (about 40 miles south) this year.

Just don't talk alot of sh*t. It ain't worth it.

As a 49er fan I'd love to say this isn't true...

...but I can't. Candlestick, while beloved for the memories, is an absolute hole. Tickets are cheap and it sits in the worst neighborhood in SF (Hunters Point). The 'stick is by far the oldest unrenovated stadium (Soldier Field and Lambeau have had major renovations) in the NFL...by ALOT.

They break ground on a new stadium in Santa Clara (about 40 miles south) this year.

Just don't talk alot of sh*t. It ain't worth it.

I used to go to Giants games when I lived out there 20 years ago. Stadium was old then, but I didn't remember it being that old. Probably worked better as a baseball stadium, except the weather. Enjoyed watching Will Clark (a local boy).

It will be nice when they get the new stadium in Santa Clara. That is the area that I used to drive up from for the Giant's games. Lot's of 9er's fans throughout the West and South Bay.

Good luck this weekend.

:ezbill:

Good luck and have fun, but be careful. I went for our game out there last year and it was not a good experience. Candlestick is a crap hole with very little security and some of the fans resemble gang members more than NFL fans.

Hide the women, children and armoires!

Attachments

• seinfeld_thugs.JPG
    seinfeld_thugs.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 284

Same experience here, just horrible. And man that parking lot outside the paid parking was ridiculous. pretty much pitch black out there. There was a band playing in the parking lot before the game and there was some group of young fans following along with them just flipping everyone off an cursing at anyone wearing saints stuff, and of course after the game the katrina jokes just kept coming.

Thanks for the heads up Saildawg and Marv. I have heard that its ganglike there. I am planning on attending but will keep my wits about whats going on around us. I am booked to arrive on lucky Friday the 13th! Let me know where the WhoDat Nation tailgate is.

WhoDat!

You can get nonstop service to SF these days out of MSY - United I think. Book now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom