Anyone doing anything? (1 Viewer)

Texas is huge and no idea where you're at but I would love to go to big bend at some point before I'm dead haha

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Where in Texas did you move? DFW?
Yep.
Texas is huge and no idea where you're at but I would love to go to big bend at some point before I'm dead haha

It's on the (very short) list.

We've made a couple trips to New Mexico and Colorado this past year after driving 10+ hours before getting out of Texas. Lol

Well it sounds like you were previously near a mecca of sorts for hiking and such. There's a reason I fly every year or so to Wyoming, Colorado, or Montana. It sounds like it's time for you to hitch a ride to Denver or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Well it sounds like you were previously near a mecca of sorts for hiking and such. There's a reason I fly every year or so to Wyoming, Colorado, or Montana. It sounds like it's time for you to hitch a ride to Denver or something.
Yeah, I'll probably invest in some lightweight gear after this year and start hopping on airplanes. Everything we own now is geared more towards car camping or at least car accessible camping. I found some mountain bike trails nearby, so I might make a go of hiking those after things thaw a bit.

Yeah, I'll probably invest in some lightweight gear after this year and start hopping on airplanes. Everything we own now is geared more towards car camping or at least car accessible camping. I found some mountain bike trails nearby, so I might make a go of hiking those after things thaw a bit.

I enjoy the lightweight approach. It makes you choose what's important. And once you own the stuff it can make trips pretty thrifty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom