Anyone else a stadium nerd? (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I’ve realized recently that I’m a huge stadium nerd, just wondering if any others like me out there.

Whenever we travel in car, all over the southeast, if we pass a town that I know has a college football team, I always feel the need to exit, find campus, and find the stadium.

And small colleges are just as cool as big colleges.

I’ve seen all the SEC ones except Arkansas….but this week was driving from Savannah to Atlanta, passed the sign for Statesboro…..and saw Georgia Southern Eagles stadium. Mid size, so cool.

A few weeks ago I visited Valdosta St while driving south on 75. My wife just rolls with it, which is cool. Another great mid size venue.

One of my favorites is Alabama St in Montgomery, a huge venue right off the interstate.

But the coolest by far was BYU, saw it last year on a western family trip. Nestled in Provo (we were driving from SLC to Zion NP)…..is has incredible Mountain Views from the seats.

Anyway, kind of a weird hobby that I don’t ever set out to find, but as we drive by college towns, my car always seems to go to campus.

Just wondering if anyone else did this.

I’ve realized recently that I’m a huge stadium nerd, just wondering if any others like me out there.

Whenever we travel in car, all over the southeast, if we pass a town that I know has a college football team, I always feel the need to exit, find campus, and find the stadium.

And small colleges are just as cool as big colleges.

I’ve seen all the SEC ones except Arkansas….but this week was driving from Savannah to Atlanta, passed the sign for Statesboro…..and saw Georgia Southern Eagles stadium. Mid size, so cool.

A few weeks ago I visited Valdosta St while driving south on 75. My wife just rolls with it, which is cool. Another great mid size venue.

One of my favorites is Alabama St in Montgomery, a huge venue right off the interstate.

But the coolest by far was BYU, saw it last year on a western family trip. Nestled in Provo (we were driving from SLC to Zion NP)…..is has incredible Mountain Views from the seats.

Anyway, kind of a weird hobby that I don’t ever set out to find, but as we drive by college towns, my car always seems to go to campus.

Just wondering if anyone else did this.
Virginia Tech's Lane Stadium has a nice view. We were sitting upper reserved and looked directly across the field. We could see our car parked in the grass lot which rose behind the opposite side of the stadium :hihi:

1626701063406.png

I am not one to get off the high-way and visit various stadiums, but growing up, my dad had a fun trivia game where he would give us a school and ask us for the school mascot and what the name of their stadium was.

My dad always had to visit stadiums on our car trips. Two that jump right to mind are the Air Force Academy stadium and Dodgers stadium. Memorable because I didn't know any other families that did this.

I do it, but with racetracks. At least a drive-by. If I'm by myself I'll hop out and walk around.
We drove by Bristol but almost by accident -- and we didn't get out but you get a pretty good view just driving by since you're above it. We were headed to Bristol caverns and also wanted to drive from Bristol, TN to Bristol, VA .. you know, like in the Geico commercial.

Last edited:
My dad always had to visit stadiums on our car trips. Two that jump right to mind are the Air Force Academy stadium and Dodgers stadium. Memorable because I didn't know any other families that did this.
We saw the AFA stadium last week.

We drove by Bristol but almost by accident -- and we didn't get out but you get a pretty good view just driving by since you're above it. We were headed to Bristol caverns and also wanted to drive from Bristol, TN to Bristol, VA .. you know, like in the Geico commercial.
Same with Bristol. Headed up to West Virginia with the wife and stumbled through Bristol and I made it a point of checking out the track driving past. Even discussed going to a race for my birthday since Bristol is such a fun track.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom