Anyone else can't wash their jersey? (1 Viewer)

BoatsNBeer

Why is all the Rum gone??
Reaction score
I own two Saints jerseys and my game-day tradition is to wear one and not wash it until we lose. Well, we are 5 games in and I am still wearing my Reggie jersey and my wife noticed I have not washed my jersey. What if we go undefeated? Does Axe bodyspray count as "washing"?

I didn't wash mine last season. This year everything went out the window- my wife washed it on accident and one game I wore a Saints T-shirt instead of my jersey by accident. We won despite all this so I am not sweating over it this year. :hihi:

Me too, still sporting an unwashed Vilma :) and I would be more than happy to smell a bit at the end of the season.

I had several superstitions that I broke this year and we are 5-0.. We are that good. I am free i say, frrreeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm not really superstitious, it's just more of a tradition.....

Like every time I hit the shell road that leads to my camp, I have to play ZZ Top.......don't ask me why.

Or when I get my first beer of what promises to be a good day, I hum the theme to Star Wars.....don't ask me why. :idunno:

Last year, I didn't wash my jersey. We went 8-8.

This year, I've washed it each week. We're 5-0. I think it has something to do with the whole "Take it one game at a time, don't sit on your record" mentality that Payton keeps preaching. :)

That, and by the end of last season, my jersey...well...it was BAD.

I've got two jerseys myself. A #44 Karney, and a #12 Colston, both black. My policy has been to wear the Karney daily, switching out occasionally with a saints Tshirt on various days for laundry. Game days, it's the Colston jersey, which won't get washed until the end of the season, or until the mojo wears off (if the unthinkable happens, and we fail to win)

Does dry cleaning count? :hihi: Anyway, I alternate jerseys and wear a shirt underneath so I can get away with that for a while. But I did start drinking Guinness during the Lions game, so I'm sticking with that for the rest of the season!

Haven't washed my number 9 jersey for 6 weeks now. This is the first time I've ever done it too - so it's WORKING!!!

Nah, I have washed both of my jersey's, home and away, already.

But my Buddy did go a stretch last year for the Hornets home games without washing his jersey. The frebreeze didn't help and I fially told him to risk it and wash it and we won the next game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom