Anyone else can't wash their jersey? (1 Viewer)

All my traditions have gone out the window. I'm now washing both my jerseys every week whether I wore them or not.... I guess that could be a new tradition. It never ends...

I sport an unwashed Brees jersey and got a ton of beer spilled on it after the game this past weekend. I hope it does not stink up the rest of my luggage on the way to Miami this friday!

Febreeze works great! I haven't washed my white Brees jersey either. On game day, I wear same hat, shorts, boxers, Tshirt underneath (all that washed of course, except hat). If I'm working, I wear same Tshirt, but I wear a yellow dress shirt over it with my Brees jersey in my car in passenger seat. Put my car flags on just a couple hours before game, not any sooner. Am I superstitious?

I wore my Lambert jersey on week one. Then went to my usual standard of following the home and away jersey sched. Well after 2 straight losses, I went back to Lambert. And now I will not wear anything else on gameday, will not wash it, and can now not wear it other than for a game. Win!

My wife hasn't washed her black Colston jersey yet this year, but now she has started doing something new.

Whenever it looks like Drew is going to hit Colston (and I swear I'm not making this up), she starts rubbing the numbers on her jersey.

From my point of view, all I see is her rubbing her 38Ds with both hands. I've missed seeing a few important plays because of that, but it's working and I'm sure if Colston knew about it he would appreciate it, too.

I own two Saints jerseys and my game-day tradition is to wear one and not wash it until we lose. Well, we are 5 games in and I am still wearing my Reggie jersey and my wife noticed I have not washed my jersey. What if we go undefeated? Does Axe bodyspray count as "washing"?

This makes no sense. I am as superstitious as the next guy, but, dude, think about it. If the jersey was clean for the first game of the season and we won, then the jersey should be cleaned for every game of the season. There are enough unrecognizable smells coming from the dome, why add to the medley? Just wash the sucker. Our boys are playing well enough not to require superstitious intervention. Our Saints are relying on preparation and talent.

Keep it real...

and also keep it clean...for everyone else's sake.

My Vilma jersey, my wife's Shockey jersey, and my dog's "Double Zero" jersey have all remain unwashed this season as well as being perched above our bedroom television when it's not game day. It's working.

lol I remember at the beginning of the season I swore I would just let the games get played, and I wouldn't worry about any crazy stuff like "not washing jersey's". So much for THAT!

I'm only going with a two jersey rotation right now. I wore my Fujita, Colston, Brees, Bush, Hebert and Pro Bowl Brees all last year, 8-8.

This year I wear either my Greer or Vilma and we're 5-0. Everyone else is staying on the rack unless something changes.

yen, it's all about the febreze.

it even sounds like something we should be using, right?

I washed mine every week guys, so it's not about this. It's about the offense and defensive play, my friends, not your stinky jersey.

My wife(#9) and I(#88) havent washed our jerseys either, i also havent washed the undershirt and shorts that i were on game day, wash the chones thou. cant were chones twice without washing.

I've worn the same shirt, jeans, and flip flops for each game this season. I have washed my stuff every week though. Typically go to a bar to watch the game and the smoke smell would be ridiculous. Looks like I'm going to be cold in the late part winter still having to wear those flip flops! Who Dat!

I washed my white Brees jersey during the bye week as I have the option of wearing it to work on the day the Saints play. Since I work dayshift, I don't get to see the whole game until my meal break. A "superstition" that I have is that I haven't DVRed any game this season thinking that once I do they will lose.

I sure don't wash the jersey that Brees and Payton signed but then again I don't wear it to games either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom