Anyone else disgusted with the extremely poorly officiated games? (1 Viewer)

Nothing will be done because the NFL just keeps shrugging their shoulders about it.

And they know if fans actually try and take a stand against it, the victim will then get blamed and be told by other fanbases and media to "get over it".

Definitely fixed/rigged. Tonights game proves this.

I have to say after watching the ref move the ball to a spot giving the Panthers a 1st down without so much as a blink by anyone in the game it's causing doubt in my mind about the legitimacy of the game. And that makes me highly upset

None of these officials are full time officials. They all have jobs outside of reffing NFL games, this is nothing more than a hobby for most of them. And that is the problem. If they get fired, they don't give a crap.

Get full time officials who actually have something to lose from being fired, and you'll see a DRAMATIC improvement.

I think they are trying, trying too hard now and it’s dragging everything out and the result just comes off as illogical.

That’s what I thought watching that last Panther drive. They are inside their own heads. The refs in the NFCCG screwed up so badly that now the refs have lost all confidence in how to call a game.

None of these officials are full time officials. They all have jobs outside of reffing NFL games, this is nothing more than a hobby for most of them. And that is the problem. If they get fired, they don't give a crap.

Get full time officials who actually have something to lose from being fired, and you'll see a DRAMATIC improvement.

The NFL has tried. The refs are unionized and have repeatedly voted for not being full time. They all have jobs outside the NFL they don’t want to stop performing.

Nothing will be done because the NFL just keeps shrugging their shoulders about it.

And they know if fans actually try and take a stand against it, the victim will then get blamed and be told by other fanbases and media to "get over it".

That's my concern as well. It's starting to feel like an exercise in futility

The NFL has tried. The refs are unionized and have repeatedly voted for not being full time. They all have jobs outside the NFL they don’t want to stop performing.
True, referees make an average of $173K a year. Most of those dudes have good careers outside of their NFL gig. However, if the NFL paid them more, then I’m sure they would be willing to be full time refs. I know I would

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom