Anyone Else Excited? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it’s strange to be excited once your HOF coach and QB retire within the span of two years, but I’m still strangely excited for this team. They’re still talented and won’t be starting from the bottom. The division is weak, especially if Brady retires.
I trust Loomis to find the right coach. And if it’s Allen, Pederson, Bienemy, or even someone we don’t know at this moment, if Loomis pulls this off, the Saints won’t have to go through this process until 2038!

I’m excited and nervous. What will the roster look like this coming year? The big question is what do we do with no legitimate QB ? I’m just not a JW fan and neither is TH. TH is more of a utility player who should stay in that role. We have one more year of restrictions before we are free to do whatever we want. But at the same time with all this talent on the roster can we afford to ride one more year out? I don’t know 🙁

Well in years past when these changes were made I never expected much more than a playoff game

I’d say this team, as it sits with exception of qb , is better than all of those teams

Which means we can go either direction , in the past I couldn’t say that

Only real concern is the cap

I know it’s strange to be excited once your HOF coach and QB retire within the span of two years, but I’m still strangely excited for this team. They’re still talented and won’t be starting from the bottom. The division is weak, especially if Brady retires.
I trust Loomis to find the right coach. And if it’s Allen, Pederson, Bienemy, or even someone we don’t know at this moment, if Loomis pulls this off, the Saints won’t have to go through this process until 2038!
technically 10.5 months. but who's counting.

but yea itll be interesting. i didnt go into last season with high hopes given uncertainty at QB. then jameis was doing good and tore his ACL then i figured season was over. and we were only 1 game away from playoffs then who knows what could've happened. we couldve been the 49ers this weekend if things played out the same.

next season. i def dont have any crazy hopes. the only healthy QB we have is book currently. def gonna have to hope winston re-signs with us.

This will be first ever coach hire where the playoffs are expected. We will be looking for a coach to get us deep into the playoffs, not just a winning record. Prior to payton we had, what, 3 or 4 winning seasons.

New age in saints football.

Physiologically, what’s going on in your body when you’re excited, nervous, or scared is the exact same thing… it’s just your mind that tells you which emotion you’re actually feeling.

I would say I am all of those things.

I'm looking forward to what the future holds, in coexistence with feeling grateful for what Payton accomplished here, and the process of reconciliation that an era is over.

It's always onward.

In every other coaching change the Saints have gone through, I was excited as hell. A new era can indeed be very exciting. But in every other coaching change we been through we were coming off of either a disastrous coach or one who had fizzled out and clearly needed to move on. I may still get excited but this is the first time in Saints history that we are changing coaches with almost a zero chance that we will be improving. I know we could catch lightning in a bottle again but we are moving on from a coach who could have very easily moved into HOF consideration and who built that entire head coaching resume while he was here. We will be lucky to be even playing in the same ball park as we were for going on 2 decades.

I am. Change can be good. There are things about Payton I will miss and things I won't. I will not miss some of his odd play calling or the lack of urgency as the Saints went to the line of scrimmage. He will be missed and I am grateful for everything he gave us.

How dare you be chill!!! If you’re not panicking then you are bad fan. (Sarcasm)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom