Anyone Else Excited? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know it’s strange to be excited once your HOF coach and QB retire within the span of two years, but I’m still strangely excited for this team. They’re still talented and won’t be starting from the bottom. The division is weak, especially if Brady retires.
I trust Loomis to find the right coach. And if it’s Allen, Pederson, Bienemy, or even someone we don’t know at this moment, if Loomis pulls this off, the Saints won’t have to go through this process until 2038!
Honestly I'm excited 😁 😆

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm not excited. With Payton leaving the team is going to need something to provide a new spark or direction. I think they are going to just punt by promoting Dennis Allen, keeping everyone where they are, and just trying to run Payton's team without Payton.

It'll basically be a less effective version of trying to do what they are already doing.

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
I'm still me. So I'll get there. Probably around the time the Senior Bowl and Combine have started. I effin' love draft season. Sooner we hire a coach officially the better.
It'll be announced by the end of next week, IMO.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm not excited. With Payton leaving the team is going to need something to provide a new spark or direction. I think they are going to just punt by promoting Dennis Allen, keeping everyone where they are, and just trying to run Payton's team without Payton.

It'll basically be a less effective version of trying to do what they are already doing.

This is my take, also. You can't just keep running the same system when the guy who designs the system is no longer around. I think the best option is the give Dennis Allen and Carmichael a couple of seasons. With the way Allen has managed the defense, I think Carmichael could put together a decent offense. In 2 years if we are not winning then blow it up and start over with a whole new HC with his own ideas.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm mostly concerned about finding a quarterback. I think it becomes more difficult now. If we keep the coaching staff and front office intact, I'm not concerned about the rest of the team. Just the quarterback.

Reaction score

Its a delicate situation because we only have 37 players under contract, and we're 70M over the cap, and of that 37, a good chunk of our star power is going to be facing a "restructure or release" choice. If they're not on board w/ the new direction they could look to go elsewhere to get a fresh start as well.

SWJJ

Wats-off
Reaction score
So we went from Haslett (2nd all time in franchise wins at the time) to Payton (1st all time in franchise wins at the time).

Payton won 3.4 more times more regular season games, 9 times more playoff games and last 2.7 times longer than Haslet.

So by my calculations the next Saints coach is going to last 43 seasons win 513 games and 81 playoff games. When I tried to divide 1 Super Bowl by 0 the calculator gave me an error started smoking and exploded (I'm taking that as a good sign) so I'm going to say that gives me free reign on number of Super Bowls and say about 11.

You can't argue with that logic guys it's just math.

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn’t bother me. When Brees left, a part of me left with him. I CAN’T be emotionally invested like I was before because I don’t want to go through the Pre Brees/Payton misery again. Lots of fans today only know Brees/Payton so they have this hope that we will be able to find it all again. I know how long it took the first time and I have no desire to wait again.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I am looking forward to seeing what the front office does in terms of hiring a coach and staff. Then seeing whether Loomis can get Winston back into the fold if the next coach wants him in their plans. I suspect if they hire Allen, they will try to re-sign Winston. If they hire someone else like Beinimey, they may want to try and make a play for Wilson or something. I'm not sure there's a qb in this draft that would fit the mold of a franchise qb. So I'm thinking most likely trade, or retain Winston and draft a WR or OL early.

Payton retiring wasn't shocking at all to me. I was thinking it would be next year, but leaving now makes some sense. I get it. Not mad tbh. Good luck to him.

Reaction score
I know it’s strange to be excited once your HOF coach and QB retire within the span of two years, but I’m still strangely excited for this team. They’re still talented and won’t be starting from the bottom. The division is weak, especially if Brady retires.
I trust Loomis to find the right coach. And if it’s Allen, Pederson, Bienemy, or even someone we don’t know at this moment, if Loomis pulls this off.
Only a clown would clown react this….heck yea I’m excited man…A new era. New blood. Let’s get a new coach and go draft Kenny Pickett. Time to keep up with these AFC teams and their star quarterbacks.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has MT even responded to SP leaving?

saintmdterps

“I don’t need a ride, I need ammunition”
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to what the future holds, in coexistence with feeling grateful for what Payton accomplished here, and the process of reconciliation that an era is over.

It's always onward.
I hope Payton adopts a scorched earth policy with regard to his feelings about the NFL. I want him to air all his grievances

OCSaints

Practice Squad
Reaction score
lol if it's Allen, i say he won't last here for 3-4 years. He will be fired by then

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Not excited, no.

Not apprehensive, either.

Just kind of whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines