Anyone else find it weird how much other fans hate MT? (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If you take the plunge into Twitter and Instagram, you will easily find people who can't stand Michael Thomas. There are people who legit say he is not even top five. And if you don't think he's the best in the league that's fine. But to say anything below top three is just horribly false. I mean all their reasons are garbage.

"He only runs slants."
If you were to take out all his slants he would still lead the league in yardage and receptions. And even if that was the case, then stop it.

"Take out slants, in routes, out routes and screens and he has way less yards."
Wait you mean if you take out the four routes he runs best, he would have less yards and receptions? No way. Let's see what Tyreek Hill does without nine routes.

"He doesn't make any receptions deep."
Frankly, he doesn't need to because he is so good at what he does. Casual NFL fans think a receivers only job is to "go deep." Also, aren't these the same people who constantly say Drew's arm is shot. If that was the case, all his receptions would have to be short right?

"He has a Hall-of-Famer throwing to him."
For five games this year he had Teddy Ball Game throwing him the ball and his production did not dip at all.

"He has an abrasive personality."
I can't argue he has an abrasive personality, but so do people like Michael Jordan, Aaron Rodgers and numerous other athletes. I could care less what they act like off the field (as long as they're not doing anything illegal).

So the question I pose is why do you think the casual (and often stupid) NFL fanbase share disdain for MT? Is it his personality, another factor, or what I personally think it is, a growing resentment for the Saints as a whole.

If you take the plunge into Twitter and Instagram, you will easily find people who can't stand Michael Thomas. There are people who legit say he is not even top five. And if you don't think he's the best in the league that's fine. But to say anything below top three is just horribly false. I mean all their reasons are garbage.

"He only runs slants."
If you were to take out all his slants he would still lead the league in yardage and receptions. And even if that was the case, then stop it.

"Take out slants, in routes, out routes and screens and he has way less yards."
Wait you mean if you take out the four routes he runs best, he would have less yards and receptions? No way. Let's see what Tyreek Hill does without nine routes.

"He doesn't make any receptions deep."
Frankly, he doesn't need to because he is so good at what he does. Casual NFL fans think a receivers only job is to "go deep." Also, aren't these the same people who constantly say Drew's arm is shot. If that was the case, all his receptions would have to be short right?

"He has a Hall-of-Famer throwing to him."
For five games this year he had Teddy Ball Game throwing him the ball and his production did not dip at all.

"He has an abrasive personality."
I can't argue he has an abrasive personality, but so do people like Michael Jordan, Aaron Rodgers and numerous other athletes. I could care less what they act like off the field (as long as they're not doing anything illegal).

So the question I pose is why do you think the casual (and often stupid) NFL fanbase share disdain for MT? Is it his personality, another factor, or what I personally think it is, a growing resentment for the Saints as a whole.
Hate/Dislike is an ultimate validater. If he was merely very good opposing fans wouldn't spend their time or energy voicing their displeasure at M.T.

where are you getting those comments? Falcons board?

If he is so weak then I guess they should be happy we have him.
Nah opposing fans on Twitter in general can not stand MT. I mean he legit triggers them.

Probably because he is very aggressive and talks a lot of trash and is sensitive. :shrug:

He's our guy, so we love him. If he wasn't, most would hate him too. If he was on an NFC South team, we ALL would hate him lol.

I don't hate him. On the field he's a great player that I would enjoy watching if he was in the AFC. He seems like a headcase off the field and probably not a guy I would want to have a few beers with but I don't watch the NFL for players off the field activities.

Who cares. If your argument is take away half the route tree, ohh and take out the routes he good at. Then he would not be good. That fan opinion should be invalid.

Oh he is hyper competitive and has a job tha he is good at require someone who is hyper competitive but i like the job but i but i dont like him.that fan opinion should be invalid

People who use dumb logic and are fans make illogical reasons to not like players of teams their not fans of and their opinions dont matter. Cuz when they kids rent a book from elementary school library they kids will be learning how great he was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom