Anyone else following 'Jericho'? (1 Viewer)

I love Jericho - make for a full Wed night of TV

I think that Hawkins is CIA - I think he had the daughter plant the FBI badge when she hid the door.

I think Jake was a merc - I believed he mentioned something about merc's and the way he said it made me think he had experience there. I think his mom knew what he was up to during that time and the implication I got from her was it wasn't anything bad and in fact something his father would be proud of.

It's the total lack of information that keeps bringing me back - are they ever going to find out what's going on!!!
Could be.

Another story line that seems to be overlooked is how the town's society is changing. The little old shopkeeper becoming an merchandise tyrant (antique jewelry box for a case of diet cokes?!?). Who to trust? Who not to trust? Winter is coming soon. What happens then?

I've been watching, but I have to admit that a HUGE part of the appeal for me is the unintentional comedy. This show is really, REALLY badly written. Which isn't to say that I'm not entertained by it, I am. But WOW are there some laugh-out-loud moments of cheese.

To wit, just from the latest episode.....

Jake & Peyton Manning (Eric) rolling down Rogue River's main street in the Skeetmobile.... it's a ghost town, no sign of anyone, no cars, everything closed, nothing at all going on. Jake stops the car in the middle of the street. Both men get out of the car and stand there for a second. Eric says to Jake: "Where is everybody?"

Aaaaaaaand they get back in the car and drive off.

That right there is some goooood dialogue. Couldn't quite establish that from inside a moving car, eh boys?

Moment #2:

Heather: "I know a trick where you can make ice without refrigeration."
Emily: "Great, what do you need?"
Heather: "Well, I'll need some water....."

Allsome.

Hawkins is what keeps me watching. I have absolutely no idea what his story is, but I do know that the FBI badge was a fake out. I'm really starting to dig Hawkins' daughter too... she's got a little badass in her. For some reason I'm thinking Hawkins is "the good man who has done some bad things for good reasons."

But... yo Hawkins... you might want to keep your secret basement of DOOM(!!!!)..... uh.... you know, LOCKED?!?!?

How do you think the ICBM launches fit into all this? Never mind the fact that there are no more active silos in Kansas and they wouldn't have seen or felt any launches.

I've been watching, but I have to admit that a HUGE part of the appeal for me is the unintentional comedy. This show is really, REALLY badly written. Which isn't to say that I'm not entertained by it, I am. But WOW are there some laugh-out-loud moments of cheese.

To wit, just from the latest episode.....

Jake & Peyton Manning (Eric) rolling down Rogue River's main street in the Skeetmobile.... it's a ghost town, no sign of anyone, no cars, everything closed, nothing at all going on. Jake stops the car in the middle of the street. Both men get out of the car and stand there for a second. Eric says to Jake: "Where is everybody?"

Aaaaaaaand they get back in the car and drive off.

That right there is some goooood dialogue. Couldn't quite establish that from inside a moving car, eh boys?

Moment #2:

Heather: "I know a trick where you can make ice without refrigeration."
Emily: "Great, what do you need?"
Heather: "Well, I'll need some water....."

Allsome.

Hawkins is what keeps me watching. I have absolutely no idea what his story is, but I do know that the FBI badge was a fake out. I'm really starting to dig Hawkins' daughter too... she's got a little badass in her. For some reason I'm thinking Hawkins is "the good man who has done some bad things for good reasons."

But... yo Hawkins... you might want to keep your secret basement of DOOM(!!!!)..... uh.... you know, LOCKED?!?!?
Yeah...the unintended humor can be a hoot at times. Like exactly how did he get the Skeetmobile back? Did I miss something from the moment the leader of whatever group of bad guys live outside Jericho drove off with it and when the Brothers Grimm are cruising across the landscape?

Speaking of the landscape...you would think they could have forked out the money for actually driving instead of having the magically moving background. Those "special" effects are so 1960.

And what's up with the doctor? I'm assuming he was "operating" on someone long dead. Did he flip out? And exactly how did the one green Ravenwood guy take out all his "comrades" and then get taken out by the new group? He ran out of bullets I suppose.

Oh...and the pending divorce. If things were that bad, and Eric was having a fling with the bartender...when did he have time/desire to get his wife pregnant?

How do you think the ICBM launches fit into all this? Never mind the fact that there are no more active silos in Kansas and they wouldn't have seen or felt any launches.
Good question.

"Their targets or our targets?"

Even the mayor was wondering where they ICBMs came from.

Question though...if they were (in the script of course) nearby, why wouldn't they have felt/seen the launches at night?

Good question.

"Their targets or our targets?"

Even the mayor was wondering where they ICBMs came from.

Question though...if they were (in the script of course) nearby, why wouldn't they have felt/seen the launches at night?
Well, I meant since there are no silos nearby...

The show sometimes reminds me of one of those early 80's shows, with the above mentioned of the moving backgrounds, bad dialog and some times the show loosing total focus on the subject of the matter.

Well, I meant since there are no silos nearby...
Ah...gotcha.

But hey...again...even the mayor made mention there were no silos nearby.

Did someone start deploying mobile launchers and forget to send the memo?

Yeah...the unintended humor can be a hoot at times. Like exactly how did he get the Skeetmobile back? Did I miss something from the moment the leader of whatever group of bad guys live outside Jericho drove off with it and when the Brothers Grimm are cruising across the landscape?

Actually, yeah. That, you missed (not that it was hard to.) He returned it, along with a truckload of provisions previously stolen. Emily bargained it back in return for at least keeping an open mind about possibly looooooving her father again.

Speaking of the landscape...you would think they could have forked out the money for actually driving instead of having the magically moving background. Those "special" effects are so 1960.

Heh. Indeed. The film outdoors All. The. Time! Yet they haven't the technology to mount a camera to the side of a moving car. Gotta bring that onto a soundstage. Oy. And they sure are proud of that mushroom cloud scene, eh? Every week on the previouslies.... "oh, by the way, there were bombs!" Probably because most viewers actually ARE likely to forget during the 40 minutes of the Waltons between the first and last segments.

And what's up with the doctor? I'm assuming he was "operating" on someone long dead. Did he flip out? And exactly how did the one green Ravenwood guy take out all his "comrades" and then get taken out by the new group? He ran out of bullets I suppose.

That's what I thought too, on both accounts. I think the doctor was traumatized, and the corpse he was still trying to save was his last shot to save SOMEBODY (re: his comment: "I couldn't even save one of them.") and he wasn't in any mood to give up on that last one. I do think he kind of snapped out of it later.

And yeah, Ravenwood dude did say something about "all those (clips) are empty." I think he did run out of rounds, and I think he knew he was going to.

Oh...and the pending divorce. If things were that bad, and Eric was having a fling with the bartender...when did he have time/desire to get his wife pregnant?

Why, of course it's someone else's. Duh!

Heh. I mean, what else would you expect from a primetime soap? My guess is Major Dad. Or maybe the creepy kid from the general store. :no:

The show sometimes reminds me of one of those early 80's shows, with the above mentioned of the moving backgrounds, bad dialog and some times the show loosing total focus on the subject of the matter.
What do you expect when you have (what seems like) 20+ storylines going on simultaneously?

Will the mayor live through his bout with the flu? (We know he does from the previews of next week's episode.)
Who is this mysterous Hawkins dude?
Where do the "bad guys who live outside town" come into play?
Is Eric going to split up with his wife and move in the bartender?
When are the IRS agent and the poor farmer with the deaf sister finally admit they want to begin replenishing the human population?
Is Jake going to persue the blonde (daughter of the "bad guys who live outside town") or the slightly ditzy brunette teacher?
Exactly how is everyone maintaining their grooming standards when they haven't had power (at all ) for two weeks plus?
River Ridge was only a short drive away. How did FEMA manage to setup a tent city, do a house-to-house search (ala Katrina) and no one even bother to see if Jericho still existed?
BTW...what ever happened to the passengers on the jet that managed to land on the highway without crashing?
When is the young orphaned geek from the trailer park going to move in with the (possibly) orphaned debutante?
Why is there only two vehicles working in town? You mean to tell me a bunch of Kansas farmers were all driving newer vehicles that were zapped in the EMP?
When is the sheriff going to come clean on what all he saw? you know he's hiding something...like making it to somewhere near Topeka and not bringing help back with him.

Actually, yeah. That, you missed (not that it was hard to.) He returned it, along with a truckload of provisions previously stolen. Emily bargained it back in return for at least keeping an open mind about possibly looooooving her father again.
Cool. I had some minor technical difficulties with I was watching the encore of that show. The last I saw was Emily's dad making the demand to see his daughter...then it was off to the mayor going into septic shock.

Heh. Indeed. The film outdoors All. The. Time! Yet they haven't the technology to mount a camera to the side of a moving car. Gotta bring that onto a soundstage. Oy. And they sure are proud of that mushroom cloud scene, eh? Every week on the previouslies.... "oh, by the way, there were bombs!" Probably because most viewers actually ARE likely to forget during the 40 minutes of the Waltons between the first and last segments.
Yeah...we do get the point by now huh?

That's what I thought too, on both accounts. I think the doctor was traumatized, and the corpse he was still trying to save was his last shot to save SOMEBODY (re: his comment: "I couldn't even save one of them.") and he wasn't in any mood to give up on that last one. I do think he kind of snapped out of it later.
Well now there are two doctors in town. And this new one is the token foreigner (Muslim?). I guess that'll take some racial heat off Hawkins.

And yeah, Ravenwood dude did say something about "all those (clips) are empty." I think he did run out of rounds, and I think he knew he was going to.
Ok. I'll buy that. Now...if he's that good that he can take out the entire first crew, how did he miss two wide-open targets? Must have been the jitters from the morphine/instant coffee mix.

Why, of course it's someone else's. Duh!

Heh. I mean, what else would you expect from a primetime soap? My guess is Major Dad. Or maybe the creepy kid from the general store. :no:
Nah...it's not Major Dad. The creepy kid...that's a possibility.

The best moment of the show had to be when Hawkins and Jake were trying to put the fire out at Jake's brother's house but problems kept popping up.

First Jake fixes something:
Hawkins,"How'd you learn to do that?"
Jake,"I used to be a poolboy."

Then Hawkins powers up the hose with his car battery:
Jake,"How'd you learn to do that?"
Hawkins,"I used to be a poolboy, too."

Both of them know that they're both full of ****!

That was gold!

Ok. I'll buy that. Now...if he's that good that he can take out the entire first crew, how did he miss two wide-open targets? Must have been the jitters from the morphine/instant coffee mix.

He didnt say he took out his fellow ravenwood dudes. He said that when they were killing everyone in the hospital that he tried to stop them and they shot him and left him for dead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom