Anyone else getting lots of robocalls & robotexts during these times? (1 Viewer)

HoustonGold

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t get it. I’m on the “ Do Not Call List” and I’m still getting this calls and texts. Is there anything else I can do? I block the number and it seems they come with another number. The calls I get are from Salt Lake City,Dublin Ohio,Branson Missouri. Anyone else have this issue getting these? Oh then I get a text that I will lose my student benefits because of the virus if I don’t call this number. I’m not even a student! Any ideas to stop this? I did the silence outside calls that Apple has on settings and it seems to do some good. I just don’t want to block calls I need. Any help would be great . Thanks!

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My only suggestion is Caller ID, not a luxury in my view. If they want to leave a message, let them leave it. When they leave one, which they rarely do, I just erase it. Now, that's my landline.

My cell doesn't take messages. It's a pretty foolproof system.

I even have a flip phone, whose number I give out to those I don't want to hear from. I ignore those calls completely when it rings, which is rare.

In short, to robo callers: get off my lawn.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I'm actually getting a lot fewer robocalls than I used to. It's weird.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I actually got a call at 12:24 am from CodeRed. It was an automated call about the governor's press conference. Pretty sure they didn't mean to send it out at that time, though.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
These days, I get robocalls from my congressperson with news of upcoming phone town hall conference calls. That's a different kettle of fish. Come to think of it, there's supposedly a call coming in about a half hour. I'll share info, but it's likely to be local news.

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
My robocals slowed down significantly for a while until recently. Vehicle Warranty, Account Services, Social Security Administration Arrest Warrant, etc.

Actually one of the SSA calls was a "live agent" with badge number calling to inform my about the warrant issued for my arresst. They hung up when I said to please come immediately because i needed to be quarantined.

OP
OP

HoustonGold

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I did some research. They are keeping the FTC very busy.

Don,t respond and continue blocking is the message I’m getting. Just keep a heads up. Thanks for y’all‘s help!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom