Anyone else getting lots of robocalls & robotexts during these times? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don’t get it. I’m on the “ Do Not Call List” and I’m still getting this calls and texts. Is there anything else I can do? I block the number and it seems they come with another number. The calls I get are from Salt Lake City,Dublin Ohio,Branson Missouri. Anyone else have this issue getting these? Oh then I get a text that I will lose my student benefits because of the virus if I don’t call this number. I’m not even a student! Any ideas to stop this? I did the silence outside calls that Apple has on settings and it seems to do some good. I just don’t want to block calls I need. Any help would be great . Thanks!

My only suggestion is Caller ID, not a luxury in my view. If they want to leave a message, let them leave it. When they leave one, which they rarely do, I just erase it. Now, that's my landline.

My cell doesn't take messages. It's a pretty foolproof system.

I even have a flip phone, whose number I give out to those I don't want to hear from. I ignore those calls completely when it rings, which is rare.

In short, to robo callers: get off my lawn.

I'm actually getting a lot fewer robocalls than I used to. It's weird.

I actually got a call at 12:24 am from CodeRed. It was an automated call about the governor's press conference. Pretty sure they didn't mean to send it out at that time, though.

These days, I get robocalls from my congressperson with news of upcoming phone town hall conference calls. That's a different kettle of fish. Come to think of it, there's supposedly a call coming in about a half hour. I'll share info, but it's likely to be local news.

My robocals slowed down significantly for a while until recently. Vehicle Warranty, Account Services, Social Security Administration Arrest Warrant, etc.

Actually one of the SSA calls was a "live agent" with badge number calling to inform my about the warrant issued for my arresst. They hung up when I said to please come immediately because i needed to be quarantined.

Yeah I did some research. They are keeping the FTC very busy.

Don,t respond and continue blocking is the message I’m getting. Just keep a heads up. Thanks for y’all‘s help!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom