Anyone else glad we aren't the Raiders? (1 Viewer)

BRSaintfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Javon Walker 6 year- 55 million (1st 3 yrs are guaranteed 27 million - SAME AS MOSS)

Wow, first Tommy Kelly and now this. I'll take Loomis 7 days a week over those clowns.

I'm just glad we play the AFC West this year. San Diego is the only real competition.

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess Al Davis is running the show there. In his old age, he seems to be running it into the ground.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
lane kiffin should have left when al davis wanted him gone. less of a headache.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and predict we lose to them, even though we go11-5 on the year. Its just the kind of ironic never say never game we lose.

ULL_Scott

Reaction score
lane kiffin should have left when al davis wanted him gone. less of a headache.
No way, he would lost on 2 million a year. It's crazy that Al Davis wanted him to sign a letter of resignation that Davis himself wrote.

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it depends -- sure they are on the ropes now -- but they have been in and won superbowls -- so are you asking am I glad we aren't the Raiders only in the present tense or over the life of our respective ball clubs -- cause personally -- I would like to have had a few superbowls under my belt by now

'79 Saints

Reaction score
I just wish I would have kept playing ball... the Raiders could have provided me a nice nest egg for my retirement

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Javon Walker 6 year- 55 million (1st 3 yrs are guaranteed 27 million - SAME AS MOSS)

Wow, first Tommy Kelly and now this. I'll take Loomis 7 days a week over those clowns.

I'm just glad we play the AFC West this year. San Diego is the only real competition.
Just a quick point of order, but the deal is not for $27M guaranteed (nor is Moss' deal). You have your numbers mixed up, or simply misread the sentence.

Either way I certainly didn't think he would be worth that much on the open market. Players who are cut and have injury concerns just don't typically get that much.

Last edited:

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Whatever the deal may be Al Davis is an idiot. I understand the occasional character risk signing, but he does it every year. I guess he tries to live up to the Raider persona, but it's getting out of control. He cares nothing for hard working players, it's all about flash and ability. That team is going to hell in a hanbasket...they'll be the Los Angelos Raiders again under new ownership VERY soon.

OP
BRSaintfan

BRSaintfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just a quick point of order, but the deal is not for $27M guaranteed (nor is Moss' deal). You have your numbers mixed up, or simply misread the sentence.

Either way I certainly didn't think he would be worth that much on the open market. Players who are cut and have injury concerns just don't typically get that much.

Per Rotoworld, Walker is making 27 million over the first 3 years of the deal. 16 mil is guaranteed over the life of the contract, but 27 mil for the 1st 3yrs is ridiculous money.

Raiders agreed to terms with Javon Walker on a six-year, $55 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed. He'll make $27 million in the first three years.

Al Davis has lost his mind. Even Walker's old coach Mike Shanahan said the receiver eventually needed microfracture surgery on his chronically sore knee. No one else was bidding for Walker, and many teams publicly denounced any interest. Walker gained 57 yards on seven catches in his last five games last year, and barely seemed able to run. Perhaps he'll recover, but Walker isn't worth Randy Moss money even when healthy. Like Moss' deal with Oakland, this one could end ugly.
Source: NFL.com
Related: Broncos

jcollins9

Bring The WOOD!
Reaction score
Anyone else glad we aren't the Raiders?
I'll bet every team - except the raiders - has a fan forum with a thread with the same title. :lol:

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld, Walker is making 27 million over the first 3 years of the deal. 16 mil is guaranteed over the life of the contract, but 27 mil for the 1st 3yrs is ridiculous money.

Raiders agreed to terms with Javon Walker on a six-year, $55 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed. He'll make $27 million in the first three years.
Exactly. Only $16M is guaranteed, not $27M. That's a substantial, and key, difference when a person is coming off a serious knee injury.

Moss doesn't have $27M guaranteed either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)