Anyone else hate DeAngelo Hall? (1 Viewer)

There was a play in which Duece was stood up at the left side of the line and Hall (I think it was Hall) shot in & hit Duece at the legs with a pretty wicked shot. Anyone else see that? I was concerned about Duece's knees. I was glad to see him back in.

I recall him celebrating like a punk after that even though he had little to do with the stop itself.

I did see that one... But I've already started calling him DeAngelo Fall... After he said he shut down steve smith last year when he had over a 100 yards receiving.

I really don't have a problem with players talking trash as long as they can back it up. But when you talk trash about how you're the best CB in the league and the next Deion Sanders, you better be able to at least cover our #3 and #4 guys.

So why bring up Deangelo Hall?

He's a top 5 corner in this league, Spam. Just 'cuzz you you don't like him doesn't mean you have to deny his talent and athleticism. He can run and compete with any WR in the league.

He's a top 5 corner in this league, Spam. Just 'cuzz you you don't like him doesn't mean you have to deny his talent and athleticism. He can run and compete with any WR in the league.

except devery henderson. devery proved today that hall isnt the fastest player in the league:_rofl:

No, he's not. And after this season you'd be hard pressed to find any analyst worth listening to who would even mention him in the "top corner" debate. He's at his worst in man-to-man coverage and has repeatedly been exposed this season.

I'm not going to defend Hall...because while I used to like him (pre-Nike days), I don't anymore. But, after rewatching the horse-collar tackle I don't have a huge problem with it. Was it a little late, yes. But if you watch it frame by frame he actually left his feet and grabbed a hold of Henderson at about the 1 yard line as he was just going into the endzone. More than anything I just think it was good hustle and the momentum of Henderson is why he went down 5 yards in the endzone.

Do I think he would do something cheap like that? Oh, absolutely. But this time I give him a pass.

Roy Williams of the Detroit Lions definitely exposed him, along with Devery and other receivers this season.

Before the season started, the speculation about Atlanta's locker evolved around Junior's control of the team or how some of the louder personalities might influence the team.

Two of the names mentioned were Hall and Vick.

you'd be hard pressed to find any analyst worth listening to who would even mention him in the "top corner" debate.
No, you're wrong. Most analysts understand that there are other good players in the league--Not just the ones on their favorite team. Most analysts aren't homers.

No, you're wrong. Most analysts understand that there are other good players in the league--Not just the ones on their favorite team. Most analysts aren't homers.

Plenty of good corners. Nate Clements, Champ Bailey, Chris McCalister. None named Deangelo Hall.

Bad assumptions, meaningless statement. Deangelo Hall is overrated. His presence or lack there of on the Saints roster doesn't factor into it.

Plenty of good corners. Nate Clements, Champ Bailey, Chris McCalister. None named Deangelo Hall.

Bad assumptions, meaningless statement. Deangelo Hall is overrated. His presence or lack there of on the Saints roster doesn't factor into it.

Throw in Patrick Surtan, And you just named my top 5.

No, but I think the fact that he plays on the our most hated rival team does.

By any means I don't think DeAngelo Hall is a bad corner, but theres no way in hell I could consider him elite, like he himself claims. Like Spam said, the elite category starts with Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister, and Nate Clements. I'd put Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble in 'elite' category before I put Hall in there. He's got all the athletism/talent in the world, and the potential is sky high..but I don't see it happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom