Anyone else noticed this? The Saints players... (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice in the video, after Sunday's game, how intentently the players were listening to Coach Payton's post game message?... He had their undivided attention. It was so business like.

You could see Will Smith, Rodney Leslie, and Mark Campbell absorbing every word. They looked like sons listening to every word from a father they respected.

This team believes in this coaching staff... They have bought into Coach's system, hook, line, and sinker.

Did you also notice how Mike Mckenzie hurried from his locker to join his coach and teammates in the locker room's post game huddle?

Man, when have you ever seen that from a Saints' team with just five games left in the regular season? That's team chemistry, both on and off the field - One of those intangibles that produces champions. I.E. New England Patriots.

While more than 20 other teams are either reeling or already making offseason plans, our Saints are foccussed on the road ahead this year!!!

Pinch me!

Saints player: "Everybody knows what the goal is. Stay focussed man... Stay focussed."

How sweet is that? You've gotta love it, if you're a Saints fan.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/foxsports.htm?f=33&g=6c3644f1-64dc-4c95-ab6e-aa469b241aca&p=&t=m1490&rf=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl&fg=/nfl/home

Last edited:
You can see the respect this team has for it's coaches. Often, when asked questions about a particulary good performance, the player will give credit to the coach. That shows total respect for his opinion. This is what makes a winner, and a champion. Without respect for your coach, the entire team self-destructs. I have never seen such respect for their coach, until Sean Payton came to town. He has earned, and rightfully so, the respect of his players, the city, and all Saints fans.

The team that we have been waiting for. IMHO you can take the standings, records, awards, draft picks, TV, ect. and throw them out the window. I have just been waiting for a team to be proud of and we got one!

From top to bottom, this team has made a transformation into a "TEAM". All this without ever really concidering the Saints were in a rebuilding year, which it is in essence. They brought in a coach that was schooled by one of the best teachers in the biz. They brought in a proven QB that has fire and leadership abilities and the smarts to correct whatever may be going wrong. They brought in two kids from the draft that seem to be older than they act. Neither has been critical or outspoken. They know they position and they stick to business. It's all good.

And his offensive playbook and playcalling is not to shabby either!!!

Great hire Benson/Loomis - you did very well for a HC selection

I noticed a guy with long hair at the end who looked like he said for everyone to drop by Monday and lift and look at game tape if they were in town(Not mandatory), was that Steve Gleason?

according to another thread, that is Gleason. Great to see leaders coming up everywhere.

From top to bottom, this team has made a transformation into a "TEAM". All this without ever really concidering the Saints were in a rebuilding year, which it is in essence. They brought in a coach that was schooled by one of the best teachers in the biz. They brought in a proven QB that has fire and leadership abilities and the smarts to correct whatever may be going wrong. They brought in two kids from the draft that seem to be older than they act. Neither has been critical or outspoken. They know they position and they stick to business. It's all good.

How can anyone who calls themselves a Saints fan, NOT be proud of what these guys have accomplished this year, and more importantly, how they've done it?... And there's still alot of football to play.

Like WWL TV's Jim Henderson said on Monday, "There's something happening here."

FYI - Before the Pittsburgh Steelers became the dominate franchise of the 70's, they lived through 40 years of mediocrity during their first 4 decades in the NFL.

The Saints played their first game in 1967... It's 2006 now.

Current Saints - 70's Steelers... Deja Vu?

Wow...everyone should watch that video. I love the way Payton told the whole team to be ready -- that every individual should prepare because they might be the pivotal player in the next game.

That is great management and great leadership.

I remember at the very beginning of mini-camps, Faine was being interviewed by WWL, and the "rebuilding" word came up. Jeff very honestly stated, and I paraphrase, "Anyone on this team who thinks we are just rebuilding needs to go work elsewhere".

I held on to that simple statement for months, but I didn't know why. It just stuck with me. After 11 games, I think I'm starting to understand why it was said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom