Anyone else play arena in Worldofwarcraft? (1 Viewer)

Sackhappysaint

It figures
Reaction score
I'm having a blast with this right now playing with some friends.

Playing 2v2 I'm the (gnome)warrior and my friend is the pally..we are doing ok, but still learning how to deal with druids.

Playing 3v3 and man we are kicking some butt. Me(arms/warrior) my friend(holy pally), and this(disc) priest..this combo is working well. I pretty much do all the damage while the priests mana burns and the pally keeps BOF on me and heals everyone up.

Anyone else do arena in WOW? It's a lot more fun than I thought. I used to only do the regular BG's on horde side, but I switched back to alliance when my friend(the pally) started playing again.

Both of my brothers play it all the time. As much time as they spend playing that game, I'd think they'd be the best in the world. :hihi:

Playing 2v2 I'm the (gnome)warrior and my friend is the pally..we are doing ok, but still learning how to deal with druids.

just wait for the patch to hit - the nerf to drinking in arenas is going to affect resto druids pretty badly - significant nerf to them

everyone has a tough time killing resto druids in arena right now

esp in 2v2

im never going to try this game, i dont want to get sucked into it and live playing world of warcraft all the time...plus i wont pay a monthly fee to play it either

Just went 8-2 in my 2v2 with my rogue teammate. Warlock/Rogue seems to work out well.

im never going to try this game, i dont want to get sucked into it and live playing world of warcraft all the time...plus i wont pay a monthly fee to play it either

The game has changed a lot over the last year. It's no longer a "raid or die" type game and they give you many different options/paths to progress your character.

Heck Arena gear is some of the best gear in the game and it's based on a ladder system. The slob who plays 15 hours a day is not going to gear up that much quicker than the casual that might play a few hours here and there. Points are given based on your rank and even when you lose you can gear up with points given weekly.

There is also regular battlegrounds, pve small 5 man groups, or raiding if you like that sort of gameplay.(I personally hate it)

Yeah, pretty much all I do now is 2v2 arenas. I only play about two hours a week, and my character is pretty well geared (4/5 S3, 1/5 S2). I only have two pieces of the vindicator's BG gear because of the aforementioned lack of playtime.

I love the fact that I can keep up gear-wise with such a small time investment. There have been weeks where I just logged on for about 40 minutes to do our 10 games and that was all the time I played, and still progressed.

If you're interested, I made a video of our season 2 team: Warlock + Holy Pally:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=48788

We hit 2k shortly after the video (1900+ rated matches about halfway through the vid), but dropped a bit on the final day of season 2 due to me going SL/SL. We still got the Rival title. Had I not respecced, we would have easily hit Duelist :(

Stage 6 stream if you don't want to go through WCM:

http://video.stage6.com/1797189/.divx<object codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab" classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616" height="416" width="704">

<embed type="video/divx" src="http://video.stage6.com/1797189/.divx" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/" showpostplaybackad="false" custommode="Stage6" autoplay="false" height="416" width="704"></object>

Ya know I don;t feel comfortable with telling ya'll how much I play WOW. But i will say 3 vs 3. My team Paladin, Druid, Mage......Owns, hella yeah

Both of my brothers play it all the time. As much time as they spend playing that game, I'd think they'd be the best in the world. :hihi:

Are they a paladin ad druid by any chance, causee i'm a queer little gnome mage, buy my team rocks, I often think they are the best in the world, do your bros hang with a dumb little gnome called Lemiwink?? (thats me... got it from southpark, were I origiallly saw the game) I rock tho.

I prefer raiding to pvp, personally.

Tonight our guild killed Illidan for the first time and the OH warglaive dropped and it was awarded to me.

It was a good night in Black Temple :)

Tonight our guild killed Illidan for the first time and the OH warglaive dropped and it was awarded to me.

I used to like raiding, but I burned out pretty quickly spending 3 months in Kara.

Within 3 weeks after TBC was released I was 70 and main-tanking that place. It got really old really fast. I also diddn't like being a prot warrior that I couldn't pvp(other than wsg flag running) effectively and farming was ridiculously slow and my repair bills were insane due to taking such a beating in raids.

Also hated how a holy/prot pally could main tank a 5 man instance in HALF the time I could and reqquired no cc. :/

It also ****** me off that the more mitigation I recieved through gear, the less the rage generation. I had to wear a scrub set for trash pulls in 5 man instances just for raid generation. That's just no fun.

And scheduling my real life around a game just got kinda hard. I love arena and pvp though. I don't feel forced to show up for anything and can play the game at any pace I like time wise.

Last edited:

I.........HATE.........YOU

but to arena question, I did it alot last season. My 2vs2 team got to 2095, give or take a few points. Basically we were 1 win away from breaking the 2100 bracket. This season? meh not so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom