Anyone else playing DC universe online on pc? (1 Viewer)

Sackhappysaint

It figures
Reaction score
I preordered and am planning on rolling on the pve server..I hear there will only be 2 servers. One pvp and one pve server.

I decided to roll on a pve server because you can still do arena and pvp matches on that server, and on the pvp server there is nothing gained to ganking in open world...so why bother?

If we get enough people we could possibly form a guild.

I am on the fence. I love the concept of the DC MMO. It's something i've been waiting a while for; however, it comes with a $14.99 monthly subscription. That's the main reason why I didn't get into WoW. If you give it a great review, I'll have to seriously consider it.

I am on the fence. I love the concept of the DC MMO. It's something i've been waiting a while for; however, it comes with a $14.99 monthly subscription. That's the main reason why I didn't get into WoW. If you give it a great review, I'll have to seriously consider it.

Word is it's a "twitch" based mmo. The big draw to me is the combat in vids. It just looks super fun. The way they are doing pvp appeals to me as well, you can partner up in teams "arena style" which eventually lands some super cool pvp gear.

the appearance customization seems really cool. You can use an items appearance slot if you like the way they look and use another items for stats if you prefer it's stats. You also unlock appearance items while leveling that supposedly can look really awesome combined with gear you find(appearance) and the character's custom appearance that you create.

There is no crafting to speak of which is fine with me. The game appears to be shallow, but what I'm hoping is they tried to do a few things really well rather than a watered down version of doing a little bit of everything that sucks across the board.

I did some research yesterday on DCUO and its really getting me excited. I think we might have Doc and WDF on board. After talking with them, they got excited about the game also. I don't know, WDF was saying something about designing a character with a unicorn horn and some rainbow feathers for wings, or maybe a speed character that leaves multi-colored fire behind. I think he might be going a bit overboard.

I accidentally put 1999 as my birth year and the game has locked me out from moving any further and it's telling me to get my parents. I have called customer service but that line has been busy all 23 times I've called. So far, I've never hated a game more.

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Process took over an hour. This is more like a sanity test than a game. Doc is on a phone support call (39min wait time) as he is also, unable to connect. I'm going to kick doubledown in the balls so ferociously tomorrow.

Ah.. the classic "can you get this game to work?" game.

Usually, By the time you figure it out your desire to play the game deminishes greatly..

Best opening cinematic I've seen in a game..don't skip it!

I've been playing for a little bit, man it's really fun.

It reminds me of marvel ultimate alliance but a lot more interactive and twitchy, with lots of extremely cool combat effect animations.

This is a mmo, but It will strongly appeal to gamers that love the fps style. Lots of twitch skill based stuff here going on...I love the combat so far...love it..best part is the reaction timing from when you press a key and the character reacts is spot on..I'd put it up there with wow..there is no wait..Man, love this..

I hear you can play on pc with an xbox controller, I might give this a try.

It looks like a lot, and I do mean a lot of people are rolling on death and glory PVP server so I'll be making a toon there as well.

I made one character named kittycat5, a bengal looking shapeshifting martial arts chic on a brave new world server. Nature(shapeshifting,healing) and martial arts with speed travel

But I am going to make another character on death and glory pvp server and see what the fuss is about over there. At least before it fills up..

I'm making a VILLAIN on death and glory server.

oh this is perfect. my cd/dvd drive decides to crap out on me know. gonna buy an external just to get this game loaded. from what i understand is that you don't need the disc to play.

i've never known an MMO that required the disk to play. You usually install the launcher. The launcher checks for updates when it opens and you enter your username and password after it checks for updates. Only time you'd need the disk again is to re-install.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom