Anyone else puke watching Trufant run that pick back for a TD? (1 Viewer)

Nemo

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The Skins QB made a horrible throw, but Trufant made a great return to get the score. How the Saints passed on him with what at the time was a horrible secondary (hard to believe, but it is even worse now) is just sickening. 5 years later we are reduced to fantasizing about trying to pick this guy up as a free agent years later (not going to happen).

Even worse the Saints could have had another probowl defensive tackle by taking Kevin Williams, who the Vikes selected 7th or 8th.

Meanwhile Jonathan Sullivan is sitting somewhere on a couch eating 10 cheeseburgers for dessert watching the NFL playoffs on TV. Was Loomis part of the braintrust that picked that bum?

Thanks again Hazmat.

The Skins QB made a horrible throw, but Trufant made a great return to get the score. How the Saints passed on him with what at the time was a horrible secondary (hard to believe, but it is even worse now) is just sickening. 5 years later we are reduced to fantasizing about trying to pick this guy up as a free agent years later (not going to happen).

Even worse the Saints could have had another probowl defensive tackle by taking Kevin Williams, who the Vikes selected 7th or 8th.

Meanwhile Jonathan Sullivan is sitting somewhere on a couch eating 10 cheeseburgers for dessert watching the NFL playoffs on TV. Was Loomis part of the braintrust that picked that bum?

Thanks again Hazmat.

Yep. Everytime Trufant shows up on a highlight reel, I get po'd all over again. Year after year it seems like the fans can see what needs to be done more than the front office/coaching staff.

They sure had a nice pass rush today.

it certainly doesn't feel good...

I feel you I always thought we should have drafted him when we had the chance. Talking about bad drafts with Haz, what about the players he let leave S. Knight, L Glover, W Roaf and Im sure a few more I cant remember right now.

Who knows where the Saints are today if they took Trufant that year. Maybe better, maybe worse. Probably without McKenzie.

If people still feel bad about it then they should remember that same year the Saints took Jon Stinchcomb two spots over Rashean Mathis in the second round.

no because with that logic you would get upset everytime you watched a nfl game, the saints have passed over almost every player in the nfl at some point; just like every other team has.

If we had stayed at 17/18 we could have had any two of Rashean Mathis, Jason Witten, Nnamdi Asomugha, Nick Barnett, or Larry Johnson

Man, i really thought we had this guy locked up through free agency this year, but now...

We could have gotten Jason Witten and LJ Smith too..

That throw was so bad Fred Thomas would have made the pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom