Anyone else ready to take a chance on Landon Turner... right now? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I think the kid is ready to rumble. He only needs to be coached-up.

Is he as polished as many others around the league? No... hail to the no!

He certainly has rough edges. Will he hold his own and win most of his one on one battles? I think yes.

From what I've seen so far, and considering our options at Guard right now, LT is a keeper. But I'm wondering what other WhoDats think.

:gosaints:

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's worth a try to see what he's got because Peat is too soft.
Peat played just fine at RG in the first half. Whomever is at LG isn't doing so well. I'm assuming that was Lelito.

grammysweets

Kiss my Converse!
Reaction score
Why doesn't Louis Vasquez have a team right now? Played pretty well last year, I thought it was just a financial decision for the Broncos to cut him.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lelito is a poor pass blocker, which is also Turner's weakness, but Turner may be better at run blocking too, because Lelito also had some poor run blocks yesterday. I'd like to see Allen or Peat at left guard, because I think Kelemete does pretty well at RG.

SAINTFAN45

WHO DAT !
Reaction score
I think the kid is ready to rumble. He only needs to be coached-up.

Is he as polished as many others around the league? No... hail to the no!

He certainly has rough edges. Will he hold his own and win most of his one on one battles? I think yes.

From what I've seen so far, and considering our options at Guard right now, LT is a keeper. But I'm wondering what other WhoDats think.

It's time for Landon Turner he is the only OG we have with upside it seems . Lelito is a run blocker not a pass blocker and Kelemente is ok but nothing special , we seem to not have enough strength up front and Andrus Peat is not a Gaurd he is a tackle . He looks good at LT and like a duck out of water at Guard . Turner is huge and is extremely strong he needs a chance with the ones can't be any worse

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not a fan of Peat inside i think if Strief and Armstead are the starting tackles the let Peat be the backup to both spots so he can continue to develop at tackle. Lelito is serviceable and Kelemente is a backup player so that leaves Turner who may of went undrafted but has the college resume and plays a position were we are thin at and believe will be a musical chairs position all year because of the lack of talent at the podition....so if Armstead, Unger and Strief are starting can they help an interior of Lelito and Turner at guard perform despite inexperiece or limitations.

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm ready.

We've had good fortune with throwing guys out there early on the line. We simply cannot roll with out current starting O-Line to start the season. As others have said, if Turner is a punishing run blocker and struggles in pass protection, he still has one more skill in the aggregate than our other guards. We have to try something different.

OP
ndcc

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Oct 27, 2015: Turner had eight (8) pancake blocks in one game (vs. Virginia). That is what you call: Kick arse! :evilgrin:

Landon Turner*|*North Carolina,*OG*:*2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Here's a realistic critique (from PFF):

Although he is less effective in pass protection, Turner still only allowed eight combined pressures (one sack, two hits and five hurries) last season.
^^IIRC, that's better than Lelito in two preseason games! :covri:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-landon-turner-og-north-carolina/

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
Agreed there has to be something done about the lack of cohesion on the line.

I realize they are changing personnel packages on the line to see if there is a "magic" combo of available linemen, but it just feels to me (and I'm not a coach ��) that they should pick five guys and let them play together for a half and see how they mesh. Peat was all over the line in the first half and I just worry how that might be hindering his developments at any of the spots. I just don't see that Peat is going to work as a guy you can plug in at any spot. But it seems like that's what they want from him.

Lelito was very bad. Noticeably bad. At this point he's a liability in both phases. Hopefully, they work him out of the lineup, somehow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom